Who’s hooked on traditional lockbacks

I saw a Cabernet bone SS tribal lock yesterday that had slightly thicker scales than my delrin tribal. It felt very good in hand, but was priced over $100.. had to leave it there. My "sour grapes" thought was "well, I wanted it in CV anyway".

Get it? Sour grapes/Cabernet?

I got a million of 'em.. I'll be here all week...

I was intrigued by your post about the Boker Boy Scout ... perfect small size & what I'm looking for as an EDC. Only thing is that I was absolutely flabbergasted at how much they cost (I'm not familiar with higher end Bokers). Can you tell us if they really are THAT good ... are the side panel inlays really well done, fit and finish top notch & worth the GEC-like cost in your opinion ? THanks
Fit & finish is excellent. Solid lockup. No blade play. N690 blade steel. Lock releases with just the right amount of resistance.

They were worth the cost for me but that's mainly because I think they are gorgeous knives. In my case, I wanted the knives more than the money. They were even more impressive when I got them in my hands.

They could be constructed better though. Handle slabs and shield are attached with adhesive. I will only have a problem with that if they come loose but in my opinion, they should be pinned in place for that price.

@Peregrin Now you’ve got me looking into the Case tribal lock! Thanks!

Misplaced Hillbilly Misplaced Hillbilly Excellent collection!! And nice way to position them for the photo. I like it! Is that a lockback sodbuster i see?

And thanks to all who have contributed to this thread, and made me feel not so new to posting in the Traditionals forum. :)
S&F

I forgot to say Welcome to the Porch! The lockback sodbuster is a Bear and Sons, yellow g10 grips, it doesn't have liners so calling them covers doesn't seem to fit. It has a little up and down play and a little side to side. The up and down play was caused by abuse from foolishly loaning it to someone. Someone who did not tell me they was going to use a hammer to drive it through a 1/4 inch thick plastic bin under a boat seat to drain water:mad::mad::mad:. But honestly it still functions fine and has just a small amount of play,so it actually faired pretty good. Bear&Sons QC can be hit or miss though.

joeradza joeradza , Alan I’m not gold anymore, can I talk you into uploading a shot of the knife I received from Russ? It’s under my name in Custom etc. etc.
Thanks, Neal

My first custom. A good name from a good friend. Thanks CC! Forgot the process for a moment.
Thanks, Neal

Very cool. I have a few lockbacks, mostly from Buck, and two 83's from GEC. Top two Bucks are from the Custom Shop, as well as the DLT 110 SFO, but that's as close as I've gotten to a custom one. Also have a Case Tribal Lock en route :)

NjFV9UL.jpg

Well, I still don’t have a 42 or 72, lol. Going to have to break down I suppose. Almost easier to trade into anymore :rolleyes:
Thanks, Neal

Fit & finish is excellent. Solid lockup. No blade play. N690 blade steel. Lock releases with just the right amount of resistance.

They were worth the cost for me but that's mainly because I think they are gorgeous knives. In my case, I wanted the knives more than the money. They were even more impressive when I got them in my hands.

They could be constructed better though. Handle slabs and shield are attached with adhesive. I will only have a problem with that if they come loose but in my opinion, they should be pinned in place for that price.

THanks for the intel Railsplitter - I really like the G10 framed version - bet it's feather lightweight.

ijYwQQJ.jpg

Back