Who could make such a custom sheath?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a sketch of a type of sheath I would like to have for an Izula. Does anyone know who could make such a sheath? The idea is to have just the end of the handle of the Izula exposed above the pocket clip.

Last edited:
The only clip I think would work as you describe would be an Ulti clip. It snaps shut and holds on very tight. The rest seems relatively straightforward.

Let me see if I can put one together like this. I have an Izula on hand. Stay tuned.

Since I have not heard back from the original poster, I am sending this sample to my distributor to see if they want to place an order for them. If they order, anyone will be able to get them online.

I will update this post when I hear back from them so everyone will know where to get them.

Last edited:
That is spectacular! A perfect sheath as an alternative to a belt carry or my least favorite a pocket slip, as the slip just adds hassle to carrying/using a knife in my experience.

I wonder about the security of that clip but with your suggestion I'm guessing it will work great.

Anyway - looks great too. Nicely done :thumbsup:

I wonder if you will ever hear from the OP - 2 posts since 2013, both in this thread :confused: ;)
If I had an Izula I'd be calling dibs for the sheath. :thumbsup:

RayseM,

It will fit any knife in that size range just as well. PM me if interested. I can always make more.

I wonder if you will ever hear from the OP - 2 posts since 2013, both in this thread :confused: ;)
If I had an Izula I'd be calling dibs for the sheath. :thumbsup:

That is spectacular! A perfect sheath as an alternative to a belt carry or my least favorite a pocket slip, as the slip just adds hassle to carrying/using a knife in my experience.

I wonder about the security of that clip but with your suggestion I'm guessing it will work great.

Anyway - looks great too. Nicely done :thumbsup:

Those Ulticlips are extremely strong. We use em on IWB holsters. No need to worry about the clip not staying where its suppose too. With that top plate opened up as shown in Delta's pic, slide it on so that your pocket edge is under the bottom plate and then that top plate cams over and closed and its clamped not clipped. Nice work Delta.

The OP specifically asked for a kydex sheath, but I have a hard time picturing how that would work with such a deep type of sheath? I think a leather sheath of that type like the good looking example from DeltaSheath would work much better.

The OP specifically asked for a kydex sheath, but I have a hard time picturing how that would work with such a deep type of sheath? I think a leather sheath of that type like the good looking example from DeltaSheath would work much better.

He likely could not imagine such a nice leather sheath would be an option. A leather sheath with a clip doesn't usually come to mind. He's missing it if he doesn't return to see this excellent solution.

UPDATE:

I have an order for these from my distributor. The Ulticlips are ordered. These will be available at DLT Trading once made and delivered. (likely after we open up again as we are officially closed per EO from the Governor).

I will post a link here to the product page where you can order them once they are up. Stay tuned folks!

UPDATE:

I have an order for these from my distributor. The Ulticlips are ordered. These will be available at DLT Trading once made and delivered. (likely after we open up again as we are officially closed per EO from the Governor).

I will post a link here to the product page where you can order them once they are up. Stay tuned folks!

OK - watching :thumbsup:

Fantastic! I have a Skelly Swamp Rat Warden and one with Bill Piatt handles. Would this sheath fit either one of these? Seems to me as if it should.
Oh, I am SkunkHunter on the Scrapyard Forums.

Hello RLB,

I do not have personal experience with the knives you mention. Pictures and measurements would help me determine if they would fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back