Who else EDCs a fixedblade?

2ewklZU.jpg

Useful knife for a day in the woods.

Love those knives, especially for the $59 price tag (sheath included).

I have a custom PSK "thin" inbound as an EDC option.
Mine just arrived today. And yes, at this price they are a fantastic deal!

YaFWTcKh.jpg

Mine just arrived today. And yes, at this price they are a fantastic deal!

YaFWTcKh.jpg
Shoot him an email and inquire about his "thin" slabs. He has Blue, Grey and Black G10 in 1/8", which make for discreet but capable package. He will fit the G10 to these skinnier scales too.

Shoot him an email and inquire about his "thin" slabs. He has Blue, Grey and Black G10 in 1/8", which make for discreet but capable package. He will fit the G10 to these skinnier scales too.
Are you talking the scales are 1/8"? I'm actually okay with these as I'm use to carrying larger EDC fixed blades.

Are you talking the scales are 1/8"? I'm actually okay with these as I'm use to carrying larger EDC fixed blades.
Yes, the scales are 1/8" thick, resulting in a handle that is 3/8" wide.

Similar to below:
IMG_4771_zpsy28gj6fk.jpg
This is his old style PSK, but the handle and stock thickness is the same.

Yes, the scales are 1/8" thick, resulting in a handle that is 3/8" wide.

Similar to below:
View attachment 832170
This is his old style PSK, but the handle and stock thickness is the same.
Looks good. Nice and thin. But like I said, I'm fine with the thickness on these. If I need to go that thin I have a Spartan Phrike. Carried that guy pretty much every day all summer.

CXegkn9h.jpg

Nice, how is their HT?
What have you done with it?

Looks good. Nice and thin. But like I said, I'm fine with the thickness on these. If I need to go that thin I have a Spartan Phrike. Carried that guy pretty much every day all summer.

CXegkn9h.jpg

Nice, how is their HT?
What have you done with it?
Their heat treat is excellent. I haven't done much with the Phrike (it is back up to my pistol) but I've owned 6 other Spartans with their s35vn (still own 5 total including the Phrike). I've done a couple of significant reprofiles and found the steel easy enough to work with on a Norton stone. My Enyo and Pallas have seen signifigant EDC work and the Difensa has been out in the woods a bit. Mind you, these aren't knives designed for EDC or woods work particularly. They are combat utility in design. I trust them for that.

Don't have the Horkos anymore, wish I didn't sell it.
Kt5o4Lxh.jpg

LEkFM81h.jpg

Reprofile jobs:
8yhawm0h.jpg
yYo1S8Ch.jpg

XPy4Dodh.jpg

Their heat treat is excellent. I haven't done much with the Phrike (it is back up to my pistol) but I've owned 6 other Spartans with their s35vn (still own 5 total including the Phrike). I've done a couple of significant reprofiles and found the steel easy enough to work with on a Norton stone. My Enyo and Pallas have seen signifigant EDC work and the Difensa has been out in the woods a bit. Mind you, these aren't knives designed for EDC or woods work particularly. They are combat utility in design. I trust them for that.

Don't have the Horkos anymore, wish I didn't sell it.
Kt5o4Lxh.jpg

LEkFM81h.jpg

Reprofile jobs:
8yhawm0h.jpg
yYo1S8Ch.jpg

XPy4Dodh.jpg
I've got an enyo and like it okay, but man that's a good looking line up of Spartans

I usually have this one on or around me some where, a Nathan Carothers EDC, cpm3v blade, screaming sharp...on just the edge, the rest of the knife is comfy and easily controllable in use, very very nice knife!

IMG_4419 by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2
Man I've been wanting one of these pretty doggone bad since I saw the first pic of one, but it seems pretty tough to find one.

Man I've been wanting one of these pretty doggone bad since I saw the first pic of one, but it seems pretty tough to find one.
Lurk the Fixed Custom forums long enough and he will post a for sale thread. I've seen them here and there, was always intrigued by the sheer number of replies.

Back