Who else EDCs a fixedblade?

I think every girl should.

0Dt7gj5.jpg

smgauHK.jpg

Ya never know when they might need it to take care of some young bull calf:

IvOo8Ae.jpg

2KHNQh2.jpg

I keep a Bradford Guardian 3 on my belt at all times though I occasionally still bring out the fire ant red ESEE Izula with black G-10 scales...I looked for years to find what I thought was the perfect EDC fixed blade and I definitely found that the day my Guardian 3 came in the mail..I’m a big fan of the Bradford Guardian series in general..my Bradford Guardian 4 is probably my overall favorite fixed blade in my collection..both the Guardian 3 and 4 feels like they were molded to my hand,they are fixed blade perfection IMO

This thread really intrigues me. I’m really going to have to look into these small fixed blades.

C CHNeal That would be the Evans Knife and Tool Companion Gen 1. A brilliant little knife, really. There's strictly nothing to dislike about the knife and even the whole package (quite the achievement, if you ask me, and I am rather picky...).

Last edited:
C CHNeal That would be the Evans Knife and Tool Companion Gen 1. A brilliant little knife, really. There's strictly nothing to dislike about the knife and even the whole package (quite the achievement, if you ask me, and I am rather picky...).

And let the hunt begin...

He is (still) on the Knife Makers Forum... Just to shorten your hunt.

Nice pictures,what kind of knife you got there if you don’t mind me asking..Looks nice and I love the sheath

Emma is a young friend of ours that helps on the ranch and in the shop. Her knife is one of my California Coyotes with an olive wood handle and a basket stamped pancake sheath:

fTHGWm1.jpg

sIwSbeS.jpg

Emma's mom bought the knife from me a couple of years ago for Emma's 15th birthday.

11zY1NE.jpg

As one of my booth babes at a show we did last Oct:

pONgqox.jpg

0mUJV4N.jpg

yD27PhB.jpg

Booth babes grilling back in camp later that night:

Pmfn5Sn.jpg

RMpT6AE.jpg

She was castrating the calf in those two pics above with a prototype blade I'd developed for said task. Here in my back pocket waiting the next bull calf:

SKQFoxn.jpg

JB8qPZx.jpg

Smoke my daughter, (in the pink shirt in the post above):

avKmo8Z.jpg

Smoke carries one of my Stainless Vaqueros in desert ironwood, also in a basket stamped pancake sheath. When I first gave her the knife and sheath she was carrying it in the front for a right hand crossdraw. She has since moved it to behind her hip like Emma as she has found that more comfortable, many women do. She had a different knife while she was growing up, but misplaced it in a move some years back, so I gave her a new one back in Oct. I don't have a pic of her knife but here is one of my own personal Stainless Vaquero, in camel bone. Hers has a brass bolster instead of the copper. The blade is AEB-L @63 RC.

wSSRIZQ.jpg

Here is one in ironwood with out a bolster:

PGE5F8U.jpg

Along with a Vaquero Ultralite, same blade pattern just sans handle and in damascus. These two guys went to Sweden.

KiauHVE.jpg

I also make the same knife in 26C3 a very pure, high carbon steel. I clay coat em for heat treat and they are 64 RC. Here in elk:

sYNoqzM.jpg

Amber stag jigged bone:

pHKqNCW.jpg

The wife also EDCs in a pancake sheath. Her's is in grey water buffalo leather and is not tooled but it matches her belt we made her too, (heck we made her wool vest and wildrag scarf too):

7PNif0T.jpg

sIf3ACr.jpg

0UECzKT.jpg

She carries a Poco, a small damascus knife:

MHLEZrG.jpg

Love all of your knives, Horsewright Horsewright ... but man... these two really spoke to me. Great pieces!

... I don't have a pic of her knife but here is one of my own personal Stainless Vaquero, in camel bone. Hers has a brass bolster instead of the copper. The blade is AEB-L @63 RC.

wSSRIZQ.jpg

I also make the same knife in 26C3 a very pure, high carbon steel. I clay coat em for heat treat and they are 64 RC. Here in elk:

sYNoqzM.jpg

Last edited:
Back