Who else EDCs a fixedblade?

I have been carrying several small fixed blades in a rotation for the past year. Who else carries one?

BK14 has been the most recent adIMO.dition to the rotation,

Much nicer pics if that Photobucket "flag" would disappear... IMO, of course.
I once had hundreds of pics with Photobucket....realized that "free" is NOT always worth the price.
Lost many pics, but now am not held hostage...
I always carry a fixed blade...plus a folder and 9mm...will work on pics...

Last edited:
Experimented with a fixed blade a few years ago and liked it but didn't see it replacing my primary folder so stopped. Just recently picked up a Bradford G3 in Cru-Wear to start EDCing with my CRK.

Those two should compliment one another well.

Just got this little REK ember. Super light, great slicing geometry, disappears even in a pair of thin shorts.
I think this is my new EDC.
QhOOO59.jpg

Which one is your favorite?

Tough call. The pattern is really great and all of them take care of anything you could expect of a small fixed blade and then some.

If it came down to one it would probably the green Tero Tuf and that's only because it has some history.

Billy Cochrane helped me put this one together back when he still had Vintage Knives. I sourced the handle material and he coordinated the order with the Dozier shop. After I received it I actually sold it back to Billy to fund another purchase. It sat on his website long enough for seller's remorse to hit me and I bought it for the second time. I'm glad I was able to reclaim it as there probably isn't another one like it.

In fact, its back on the belt today.
20200718_204038_resized.jpg

Tough call. The pattern is really great and all of them take care of anything you could expect of a small fixed blade and then some.

If it came down to one it would probably the green Tero Tuf and that's only because it has some history.

Billy Cochrane helped me put this one together back when he still had Vintage Knives. I sourced the handle material and he coordinated the order with the Dozier shop. After I received it I actually sold it back to Billy to fund another purchase. It sat on his website long enough for seller's remorse to hit me and I bought it for the second time. I'm glad I was able to reclaim it as there probably isn't another one like it.

In fact, its back on the belt today.
View attachment 1380564

Nice color, good choice.

I know Billy, bought a few knives from him. He was a nice guy with good taste, too bad he closed shop.

There are a lot of very good fixed knives,
sadly can't find even one to fit my needs !
So still, entire life - great folders welcome.

Yes, I carry a fixed blade knife almost all of the time. Sometimes I switch things up, but I generally carry a medium or small belt knife and a slipjoint in my pocket. I carry an Esee Izula with g10 scales alot, its pretty handy. Lately Ive been carrying a Bark River Wayfarer with orange pinecone scales (on me right now).

You always have a wonderfully dirty knife to share!!!! Love it!! Thanks for sharing!!

Ya bet! The boot knife is a special castrator that the wife asked me to make her, in cowboy vernacular a "nutter." She'll carry that and her EDC while we're branding:

uWcm1Eb.jpg

Its her EDC she's carrying in her hand above.

Back