Who gives a hoot? I do. Let's see some White Owls

I've rediscovered this little bird after an absence from my pocket and have fallen in love all over again.
I'd love to see some others.
Andrew

Cigar3.JPG

Thanks. It was a short run, not something they did with any of the others afaik. Actually, the Interior Ivories were also bail-less I believe.

We must be on the same wave length Andrew - yesterday I pulled out my ubiquitous Conductor and slipped the White Owl into my watch pocket ..... hadn't carried it for quite a while. Dusk Buffalo Horn, same as Rick's. ;)

Trand, that Exterior Elephant Ivory is gorgeous!!! :thumbup:

wo1.jpgwo2.jpg

Those are some beautiful knives you guys posted.

This is a truly great pocket knife design and I really like mine. MOF I liked it so much that I have bought a couple as gifts and they have both been carried religiously since they were given. My GF got a cocobolo and has hers on a little lanyard. She adores it and carries is all the time now.

A single spring, two blade cigar makes sense on a whole lot of levels.

Will

My White Owl is a regular for work, the spear blade doesn't frighten people as much as the clip on my Conductor.

I have the Northfield version with bail in autumn gold. If I could just get some time with the camera...

My White Owl is a regular for work, the spear blade doesn't frighten people as much as the clip on my Conductor.

Hunh. I wouldn't have suspected that to be the case, but I believe you. To me, the spear blade evokes an older knife (possibly I saw one in the hands of an elder when I was young?), and fits very well with this pattern.

I have the Northfield version with bail in autumn gold. If I could just get some time with the camera...

Hmm, does it look anything like this? Lil' bit? ;)

7100277959_3a63c6ed7f_z.jpg

6954209472_c66b2f41c6_z.jpg

6954212200_3df1a41f39_z.jpg

Backside gold, more pronounced in this image than to the eye:
6954211338_e37d221246_z.jpg

I received this one just this past Thursday, and am thrilled. While this thread is timely for me (I get to Play this time), I'm grateful to everyone who took the time to post pictures and detailed descriptions previously, helping me to make an informed decision.

Nothing prepared me for how beautiful the bone would be in person, nor how good the knife feels in-hand, but y'all did everything you could up to that point. :)

~ P.

That ivory white owl is a beauty.

This knife is one of my favorites that I've gotten from GEC. I think they did a great job with the stag and the grinds on the blades.

0011494.jpg
0051619.jpg

0021547.jpg

0041599.jpg

0031545.jpg

That autumn bone is beautiful P!

I recently sold my ebony White Owl to finance a restoration project, but I still think it a very handy size, and very attractive knife.

Last edited:
This is the only one I have so far. It's just about in the middle of the sweet spot for me. But, it hasn't been able to dislodge the mini copperhead.

white_owl001.jpg

Ed J

One of he best of the recent GECs in my view. Relatively broad handle ensures a good grip, yet unobtrusive in the pocket.

A couple things to add:

1) I love the bail on my Northfield-- it's a feature, not a bug. The seller provided the feather-light lanyard with the knife, and I enjoy both the easy access and the stylin'.

2) My White Owl is definitely mine now, having taken an unfortunate, head-first tumble onto the asphalt this afternoon, ka-Poink. Ouch!

7107656557_a904304bc2_z.jpg

While not happy about my momentary carelessness (I forgot I'd taken it out, and failed to pocket it before getting out of the car), I'm not crushed. My knives are users, and something like this was bound to happen eventually. I tell myself.

Anyway, while the gash isn't big, it has sharp edges. Any ideas on what to use to buff(?) down the sharp edges of the dent without scritching up the bolster?

To keep this thread on track, here is another picture of the beauty before it suffered in my care:

7094276983_ac59789a73_z.jpg

~ P.

Anyway, while the gash isn't big, it has sharp edges. Any ideas on what to use to buff(?) down the sharp edges of the dent without scritching up the bolster?
~ P.

Try a piece of leather or a strop, just rub the bolster as you would the blade over the strop and it should fix and polish it quite nicely, I do this all the time to mine :eek: it works wonderfully

AAAARGHHH!:eek::eek::D Brave shot there sir! But it does show the stripes of both very well. What species of snake is that?

Regards, Will

Back