1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Who has never owned a 34OT?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by 315, Dec 21, 2018.

1. WolfyW

WolfyW

Oct 28, 2017

TonySal likes this.
  2. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Like Jack I was unaware of what a 34OT is until now. But I surely would not let one like this go! :thumbsup::)

TonySal likes this.
  3. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    I don't like the Swinden key so no longer own any knives using that construction. That will be the reason I never own a 34OT.

TonySal likes this.
  4. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Hey thank you! I didn’t know the final product would turn out to look like this so I never even took a “before” picture. The scales were pure brown, almost black but a good cleaning and some oil brought them back to new. I was shocked they looked this well under all of the grime.

TonySal and Jolipapa like this.
  5. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    So... you mean that lol does NOT mean one hundred and one? LOL.

TonySal, Bloefield, 315 and 3 others like this.
  6. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    It is a Solid med Stockman!

TonySal and WolfyW like this.
  7. jwb01

jwb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2016
    Here she is! Lot of blade in a little package, very nice size to the sheepsfoot. Many thanks Jim(@315 ), this is certainly a fine example. A bit smaller than I have been carrying lately but a more than capable working knife. I’ll definitely carry thissun around a bit and try it out!

CBCD81B3-3C4D-4B85-9F2D-141E9101480B.jpeg

D05B2152-9A65-4114-B7E5-FD0E135088B6.jpeg

TonySal, mnblade, Grateful and 10 others like this.
  8. Henry Beige

Henry Beige Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Never had one.

TonySal likes this.
  9. Corso

Corso

Aug 16, 2007
    Might look out for a 33OT since i'm not a Stockman fan and it looks like an oversized peanut :D

TonySal likes this.
  10. Jolipapa

Jun 4, 2015
    +1 :(:)

TonySal likes this.
  11. Bob W

Bob W

Dec 31, 2000
    Own one? I've never even heard of them. :D

12. TonySal

TonySal

Jan 10, 2015
    Still likin'mine for smaller gentleman-like tasks, good quality, even for China. :rolleyes:

315 likes this.
  13. Chucktabulous

Chucktabulous

Jan 11, 2019
    Wow, memory lane. I don't think I've had a Schrade like that for decades. Reminds me of learning how to whittle as a kid.

TonySal and 315 like this.
  14. CVamberbonehead

CVamberbonehead

Nov 6, 2017
    Just the other day I got my first 34OT. I had a 108OT but it was too tiny, so I got rid of it. I like the 34 OT so far, seems like a good knife.

315 and TonySal like this.
  15. runninmike

runninmike

Oct 19, 2005
    got one today at gun show,,,along with a minty 858,,,,both USA knives.

16. Jolipapa

Jun 4, 2015
    I have recently received one from @mitch4ging :thumbsup:. A nice middle sized stockman, will be useful in the garden.

17. Earl1

Earl1 Basic Member Basic Member

May 11, 2016
    I had several. I still have an old timer trapper that is worn out,also have a jack that was a gift from a dear friemd i worked with. I still have my 885uh uncle henry,which was the first knife i ever bought myself. I gave many oldtimers away over the years,havent had any of the chinese produced ones.

TonySal likes this.
  18. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I think you’ll find the 34OT to be about the perfect size to always have a knife with you. Not too big to be cumbersome and capable enough for almost any task:thumbsup:

CVamberbonehead and TonySal like this.
  19. urbantrapper

urbantrapper

Dec 13, 2018
    I havent owned one yet but it looks like it will be on the list. You see im a fan of the slicey stockman pattern, and only currently owning one GEC 82 stockman, I will need to back this up with a similar knife. A 34ot in carbon will do that just nicely.

315, TheChunk91 and TonySal like this.
  20. Groundhogsniper

Groundhogsniper

Jan 15, 2017
    Have had one or two to trade on over the years but never kept one to carry.
    They seem to have decent metal for the price range ( talking about the older US made ones ).
    One thing I didn't like and I'm surprised no one ever mentions it, is that the rivets in the old timers and uncle henrys did not go all the way through the bolsters, just through the liners, which makes for a weaker knife.
    I've seen several with loose blades.
    My grandfather brought this to my attention years ago. He was a serious knife trader and collector. I surely miss that man.

TonySal likes this.