Who has the most unusual or flat coolest H.I. product?

Whats the most unusual H.I. knife or product you have? I have my long sword, several kukri, a Manjushri , gentlemans belt knife and a kagag katne (arrived today :) ) nothing unusual yet... But i hope to change that!

It has to be my More Gooder Curved Spine khuk. Definitely one step above Bawanna's World's Bestest Curved Spine...and if not, it has to be my total custom baby Bowie with its engraving, tiger striped maple scales, red Razorback hogs, Huey helicopters, and supra-custom sheath. No one in the world ('cept me, of course) gets to handle it! Wish I had it in the Nam.

Any pics of those? Ive got the hikv bad have almost gone through the whole archive now. Sadly most if the ppic are long gone

Unusual and best are two different categories.

This is probably my best, but it's like asking which is your best child. It's a 17 inch, 30 oz YCS by Bura kami, with elaborately carved handle and dragon-engraved blade. Even the two kardas are carved and engraved to match. I think it's off the chart on the coolness scale.

YCS-17in-Bura30oz-engraved-03.jpg YCS-17in-Bura30oz-engraved-09.jpg

This is probably my most unusual. It's an 18.5 inch, 29 oz Garuda Knife by Purna kami, although I'm not sure that "knife" is the right word for it.

Garuda18.5in-Purna29oz-01.jpg

Then there's this, which is up there with the best and most unusual. It's a beast of a Bolo Knife by Sher Kami, 20 inches long, 35 oz, and about 1/2 inch thick at the spine, with an unusual handle. It would be much heavier if not for the deep, wide fullers that run almost the full length of the blade. Apologies for the blurry picture:

BoloKnife20-Sher35-02.jpg BoloKnife20-Sher35-06.jpg

We have to remember that Dr. Bookie recently took a tumble and most likely smacked his head a bit. It's common knowledge that I truly have the guudesst Curved Spine without question.
I can't argue with his little bowie, it's a gem, I got a couple antler handled ones but no contest.

I think my Trisuli Gaule is a front runner in the best category, one of my favorites.

But David pretty much nailed it, which child do you like best?

My baby Bowie in 4 photos:0.JPG 1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG
Yes, Bawana, me haid did take a most terribul beatin' a while back. The VA (got home late yesterday) worked my knees over a mite. They hurt just as bad as my face looks, but I actually got around this mornin' without me cane!....not fer long, though....and guddest, huh?....an' by the by, got me sum new red ball headed pokey pins to try out. 3 inchers, no less. Let me know if my long distance doctorin' is still up to snuff.

Little Bowie seems to have aged well. Looks guuud.

Iffen I was to concede (have to tell a little white lie but momma says a little white lie never hurt nobody) that you got the guddest curved spine, could you keep them new pins in the drawer? Maybe save them for Ndog, when he's a misbehaven and such.

As to your face, you may never be president (wish you were) but you'll always be good lookin.
Next to myself your about the 2nd handsomest devil I knows.

There are some very nice blades in this thread. Can you only imagine the accumulative time, effort, and skills that have been poured out on just the blades shown so far? AWESOME!

I don't have one but I always thought that the Katars looked awesome.

The giant AK and Ram Dao are incredible in part for their sheer size.

For smaller blades I liked the kerambit and the trishul.

Yall prolly all got a Kumar Kora right?

93f7623309877b71f8a0e4f639fd9b1e

Let me check........another hole in my collection. Thank you for that.

Yeah I remember that one Berkley! It was that handle that probably made me go ahead and pick up that Kora. They sure look good shiney and all. I need to polish mine up a bit with some semichrome or something.

AC48E482-8FF9-4976-8D31-6F35BD95D908.jpeg 6B8B6325-6C79-44B3-8E95-5189B0E320F4.jpeg F1FAF441-BADC-4758-8022-744EC66812C4.jpeg

There are more I’d like to post but having problems uploading them. The 2 CAK’s are 1, 16” and 25” magnum CAK. Thought I’d post because I know you’re wanting one.

Last edited:
Back