Who is the Chris Reeve of flippers?

I don’t believe you can back up your statement that CRK are “not very durable”. This makes me doubt you’ve ever really had one. You kinda seem like a troll at this point.

In terms of a flipper like CRK, I’d have to go with Olamic, Freeman or Koenig. Part of the appeal with CRK is Stateside service and support and you don’t really get that with a Shiro or Reate.

I have had more knives than I can count, actually I lost count at about 2,000. I sold so many on the old knife forum literally hundreds of crk, hinderer, strider, protech, Emerson, buck etc etc.
I have thousands of pics saved on my computer and love it when I get challenged so I just go grab one. I don't troll and don't lie. crk is not that great and most modern cnc'd knives have similar/same refinement and tolerances.
Look at that tiny thumb relief, poor design, not usable and the clip is not a great design, Dpx has the best clip of all.
http://imgur.com/484YaYz

I have had more knives than I can count, actually I lost count at about 2,000. I sold so many on the old knife forum literally hundreds of crk, hinderer, strider, protech, Emerson, buck etc etc.
I have thousands of pics saved on my computer and love it when I get challenged so I just go grab one. I don't troll and don't lie. crk is not that great and most modern cnc'd knives have similar/same refinement and tolerances.
Look at that tiny thumb relief, poor design, not usable and the clip is not a great design, Dpx has the best clip of all.
http://imgur.com/484YaYz
You can have a knife and still be a troll. My mind is made up. Enjoy your Dpx. why should I look at your photo when you’ve already proven yourself as an unreliable source? I’m sure it’s very nice though.

Also, you still didn’t back up your claim of the lack of durability in Chris Reeve Knives.

ZT.

For $260 you get a really nice knife. 0470, 0452, 0562... Every ZT I own is pretty damn nice.

Hopefully CRK doesn't become the Sears of the knife world. Years ago this thread would be very short.

My issue with the Shiro to CRK comparison is a new Shiro Neon is what? $650? And you can get any of the CRK full size knives for $450?

Would seem to be different categories. Or it could just be that to get a flipper as goodl as CRK does a frame lock you have to pony up $200 more.

CRK is wildly overpriced too though. 450 and up for S35VN thumbstud only knives 3.625 and under....ok.

If you can afford one you can afford the other though so at this price level buy what you like. I'm happy with my 111s but know due to there being just 1 dealer here I have to pay 350 more than the rest of the world.

For what CRK offers at their price range I just laugh and move on.

Last edited:
CRK is wildly overpriced too though. 450 and up for S35VN thumbstud only knive's 3.625 and under....ok.

If you can afford one you can afford the other though so at this price level buy what you like. I'm happy with my 111s but know due to there being just 1 dealer here I have to pay 350 more than the rest of the world.

For what CRK offers at their price range I just laugh and move on.

If you're willing to wait, you can find F95s for near the same price as CRK if you're willing to accept Elmax or S30V steel. Both of which are comparable to s35vn used in the CRKs.

I'm sorry but if you're willing to spend 400+ on a CRK, just go ahead and drop the extra couple hundred on a Shiro and enjoy the excellence.

Furthermore, there are many other avenues in which you can purchase Shiro. Whether that be second hand or resellers, there are definitely deals to be had.

In the end it's all personal tastes.

Out of everything listed I'd have to go with the Shiro, because I don't like the aesthetics of the Arius at all. It's everything I don't like about most of what Kizer, WE, and, to a lesser degree, Reate all do. Besides the Wayfarer I don't care for Olamic's design language. So Shiro.

I haven't owned a Reate or Olamic, but I have owned a bunch of Hinderers, a Curtiss F3, Koenig Arius, Shirogorov and a handful of CRK knives.

Of the flippers I've owned the Shirogorov is the one that feels mega refined, smooth and dialed in with CRK like precision. The only other company I can mention in that category in my experience is Rockstead. (Non flipper)

Having said that, it cost a lot of money and I did need to send it in after a year of ownership for detent replacement. (Expensive)

But if you buy from recon that wouldn't be an issue.
I was drooling over a CF F3 M390 last week on the Canadian exchange. It sold before I viewed the ad. Good thing for my wallet and my relationship with my lovely wife.

This thread needs more pictures.

piTGdDP.jpg

This thread needs more pictures.

Deal

I have had over 40 high-end knives in my life. To me CRK is about simplicity and innovation. Less is more or KISS principle.
Thats what I see in the SHIRO. Simple yet elegant. Simple yet full of details.
Mechanical execution is perfect IMO. Mine is on washers and THAT is the best "hydraulic feeling".
Here is my Hati

Cheers

40966892735_ec50f4d5f6_b.jpg

42268114581_7db6dbac73_b.jpg

The Reate Crossroads is one of the best made Reates to date, the build quality is really up there if anyones ever handled one.

Shirogorov knives are sublime in their design and attention to details...

CRKs are a study in precision and quality...

But for everyday use... Spyderco Military for me...

Back