• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Who is this, a scammer?

There is a guy going by the name of Jaxon Howard who posted this picture of one of Andy Roy's custom knives for sale in the local Red Deer buy and sell. This Jaxon Howard guy said that HE made the knife. Jaxon Howard is NOT the maker, but I think he might be a scammer.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/270950096330872?view=permalink&id=1939397842819414

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...s-fragile-as-you-may-think-photo-hvy.1456846/

Maybe something legit is goin on here that I'm unaware of and if that's the case my apologies. Just bringing it to attention just in case it is some kinda scam.

Last edited:
I am not sure what you are trying to say is happening and what post in the blade forum thread you are referring to?

I am not sure what you are trying to say is happening and what post in the blade forum thread you are referring to?

Are the links I provided not working? The first link shows a guy (Jaxon Howard) selling what is distinctly a Fiddlback Forge knife saying HE made it. As far as I am aware, Andy Roy the actual maker of this knife, not Jaxon Howard. Either I am mistaken or someone is trying to take credit for someone else's work.

I don't know about the facebook link-don't do it
The Blade forum link goes to a thread by Mistwalker that is 4 pages long, and I would like to know what I am looking for before trudging through 4 pages.

Screenshot_20180806_164604.png

Screenshot_20180806_164557.png

This is a screenshot from the thread in bladeforums where it is reviewing this same exact knife made by Fiddleback Forge (Andy Roy, not Jaxon Howard isn't it supposed to be?)
Screenshot_20180806_174117.png

"Christmas Sale. Buy 1 get 1." Is this the world's worst liar?

Wow, your scammer just showed up on Saskatchewan small farms buy/sell/trade rent FB group, he's gone now

Just the other day this same guy "Jaxon Howard" was on the Red Deer Buy & Sell page trying to sell more knives that he apparently made himself. I called bullshit. So I called him out on it. Next thing I know I looked back and he deleted all of his posts on that group and blocked me. Lol.

Jackson Howard is certainly a lowlife, but Fiddleback Forge makes fantastic knives, so at least whoever gets fooled by Howard is getting a good product!

Jackson Howard is certainly a lowlife, but Fiddleback Forge makes fantastic knives, so at least whoever gets fooled by Howard is getting a good product!
How will the buyer get the product Howard is selling but doesn't actually possess? It's not a lie about making a knife. It's a scam to steal $$$ from others.

OP: Thread title is quickly deceiving:

Who is this, a scammer? Attn: Andy Roy, Fiddleback Forge

At quick glance it's Andy Roy being mislabeled unless you make the time to read.

Scammer: misrepresenting Andy Roy, Fiddleback Forge. BEWARE!

Or something thereof. Clearly what is happening.

OP: Thread title is quickly deceiving:

Who is this, a scammer? Attn: Andy Roy, Fiddleback Forge

At quick glance it's Andy Roy being mislabeled unless you make the time to read.

Scammer: misrepresenting Andy Roy, Fiddleback Forge. BEWARE!

Or something thereof. Clearly what is happening.

Aw shoot, you are right. The title is misleading and I didn't even think of that when I first posted it. If there is any way to change the title I would. Sorry, was just trying to help. :(

To edit: I changed the title of the thread.

Last edited:
Back