Who likes the new Fred Perrin PPT?

yes i ordered one a few days ago, but now i feel a little disappointed how small it is, compared to the military. I thought the Manix 2 was a little too small for me, but the PPt is even smaller? :(

I like the design, just wish it were bigger. I'd like to see a 4 inch version.

....here it is

PPTL3.jpg

Sacha THIEL

Dude, Are you serious??^^^^
I just ordered a PPT two days ago.
Can I ask as to why you guys went with the smaller version over the larger one?

(. . . streaming Filipino expletives. . .)

I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread :mad: :p I so want one!

I mentioned somewhere else that this is only one of two new folder designs (the other is from another company) that have made me excited after many years.

....here it is

PPTL3.jpg

Sacha THIEL

:thumbup: :D I wouldn't mind having le grand version!

Merci beaucoup Sacha for the pics! :thumbup:

Just got mine in today. Great job all the way around. It opens like butter with brick solid lock up! I wanted to safe queen it but that just goes against my philosophyl of what a knife is made for.

I've been carrying mine for almost a week now, and find it to be a very nice EDC. Definitely solid, but in no way is it too heavy. the handle is very comfortable, and the fluted scales give a nice hand feel. A nicely done knife all around!

Sacha, thanks for the photos, and I sincerely hope that Spyderco does the larger version as well!

thank you all. I think it's too early to speak about new version from Spyderco. let's see how the presently PPT is going to live.
However, I'll be ready and proud to give plans or prototypes for all new studies of Spyderco.

The custom PPT has been taken in various versions. Large, light hollow grind or flat grind.
below some illustrating pictures

PPTf2ca.jpg

PPTf2cb.jpg

DUOppt.jpg

SICAC2010.jpg

I like mine, and don't think it weighs too much. No worries about fit and finish, it looks better than most "custom knives" that I have seen. The texture and width of the handles fit my large hands quite well.

thank you all. I think it's too early to speak about new version from Spyderco. let's see how the presently PPT is going to live.
However, I'll be ready and proud to give plans or prototypes for all new studies of Spyderco.

The custom PPT has been taken in various versions. Large, light hollow grind or flat grind.
below some illustrating pictures

OK c'est malin j'ai grillé un oeil. :D

Back