Who likes the new Fred Perrin PPT?

Just got mine, looks fantastic, quality is very high.
But.... i would like it even more if it was a 4 incher!!!
So Sal if you are reading this, please make a "super PPT" !
I would like to buy one from sacha but they probably cost a LOT of money.

I have been carrying mine for three days now and I love everything about it.
I was carrying a sageII which I love. I find the handle scale texturing very pleasing in my hand. The S30V blade came hairpopping sharp. I find incredible value and appeal within this knife. It is absolutely one of my favorite spyderco's bar none.

I've been carrying the PPT for two weeks, now. I find it to be a great EDC knife, very easy to carry in spite of its weight (I can't say the same about the GB with about the same weight). Love the handle shape and carved scales. Unfortunately, I've snagged the clip several times, eventually breaking it. It may just be me, I'm a bit clumsy and usually remove the clips anyway, but I like to carry the PPT clipped to the pocket. I'm trying to change my ways...

P.S.- a new clip costs $6 at SFO.

Quick update, I just couldn't use the lefty-occluded Spyderhole. Pity though, as everything (and I mean everything) else about the knife was excellent. I particularly loved the ergos.

Didn't like the PPT at first, then I read too many reviews about the ergos and what a great knife it was. Bought it out of sheer curiosity. Love it. Have carried it exclusively for 2 weeks.

I like the Perrin PPT one a lot and its getting a lot of pocket time. Decent shape for use in public. Not overly tactical at a glance.

I have been carrying mine for three days now and I love everything about it.
I was carrying a sageII which I love. I find the handle scale texturing very pleasing in my hand. The S30V blade came hairpopping sharp. I find incredible value and appeal within this knife. It is absolutely one of my favorite spyderco's bar none.

You're not alone. My PPT is now on it's 2nd clip after the first one snagged, bent outward, and then snapped in half while I was trying to re-bend it. I have a spare clip now that I know snagging it's an issue. Other than that though, the PPT is still one of my favorite EDCs, and I like the way the clip looks.

How does the f&f compare to that of the Gayle Bradley, one of the best production models I've seen?

Mine was perfect. The Gayle Bradley I've looked at was flawless as well..

Carry mine in the office when the Military is a bit big other peoples comfort. It has some stiff competition from a CTS 20CP Para2, Stretch II and some Sages, but has seen a lot of pocket time lately :D

The GB may be the closest I've seen a production knife come to a really good custom.

If the PPT is that good, I want one.

Got my PPT from Jeff at CS.

It's really a beautiful piece (reminds me more of a Jens Anso than the real Jens Ansos I have seen) and the blade is well-centered with no play.

But I wouldn't call it a smooth closing folder. And the f&f, while quite good, does not equal that of my GB. Just my 2 cents.

I would have to agree. The GB is slightly better in terms of F&F and blade opening closing
smoothness than the PPT but not by a whole lot. The both exude quality in manufacturing and
QC attention to detail. Both also have that almost undefinable sense that you are holding
something that involves real pride of workmanship even though they are production pieces.

I wonder how Spydie got the GB to be so outstanding, seemingly better than even the best of their other folders from Taiwan.

I love this knife. Yes, it is a bit heavy, but feels and works great. Along with the cf Native, this is my favorite Spyderco of them all.

I don´t care if the knife is made in Sweden, USA or on the rings of Saturn...If I like it (and have some money to spend) I will get it. This one is not going in to my collection
Just my $ 0.02.

Haha well I got it now...and it's fantastic (as 99.9% of all Spydies are)

I picked a PPT up on looks alone and liked it so much I bought another just in case. It would be my last knife to give up if I was forced to get ride of all but one of my carry knives.

Back