Who makes the nicest, highest quality Micarta and Carbon Fiber Bugout scales?

I'm looking to customize some Bugouts and want a CF and Micarta variant.

Who out there has the highest quality best fitting aftermarket scales?

Pics would be awesome.

RogueBladeworks is where I picked up the carbon fiber scales for my bailout. And he did them left hand carry. Very nice work. He does them for the bugout as well and he does micarta as well you just have to contact him. There is a little time delay and if your in no rush they are nice. If you want I can post you up a picture when I get home from work.

20191113_132234.jpg 20191113_132157.jpg 20191113_132151.jpg 20191113_132146.jpg

Here you go. Blade centers almost perfectly and I have the rock scales design pummel delete back spacer on mine. Really changes the bailout out. Doesn't fix the soft heat treatment. Can't fix stupid.

Shoot well I will get a better picture of the centering just noticed I was not straight on the knife. Give me a minute
20191113_132655.jpg
Tad off to the clip side Which would be the show side for you righties. But just a tad. Super smooth and no play.

I've had the Rogue Bladeworks Micarta. They were very well made, but just too flexible for me. They were more flexible than the plastic on the Bugout. It was my fault for getting them, as I knew how thin the micarta is. And being thin they will flex. But I have handled the G10 scales and they are much stiffer. I am thinking of picking a set of those up. They fit the Bugout perfect.

I've had the Rogue Bladeworks Micarta. They were very well made, but just too flexible for me. They were more flexible than the plastic on the Bugout. It was my fault for getting them, as I knew how thin the micarta is. And being thin they will flex. But I have handled the G10 scales and they are much stiffer. I am thinking of picking a set of those up. They fit the Bugout perfect.

The slight flex of the factory scales doesn't bother me but anymore flex I probably wouldn't like it too much.

This is the first I've heard of this micarta issues, so thanks for letting me know. That sucks as I've seen pics of their Micarta scales and they look amazing.

The slight flex of the factory scales doesn't bother me but anymore flex I probably wouldn't like it too much.

This is the first I've heard of this micarta issues, so thanks for letting me know. That sucks as I've seen pics of their Micarta scales and they look amazing.
I've heard that before on rogue blade works micarta but there's other micarta scales out there. I just don't know who makes the other then rogue blade works. For carbon fiber I only know of two places and I didn't like the other ones so I sold them and bought titanium from rock scale designs for my bugout.

Yes, they do look great, but they have more flex than the Bugout plastic scale. I have handled Rogue's carbon fiber and G10 scales and both of those are stiff. They look great to. Rogue makes top notch scales. But the micarta wasn't for me. I don't have very many years left in front of many, so if I'm usually unhappy with something, I don't keep it. I think the G10 scales will suit me, I'm going to order them in a week or two.

Thanks all, I think I'm going to go with the classic Rogue CF scales.

Now just to find a user, coated blade 535 on the secondary market somewhere.

RogueBladeworks is where I picked up the carbon fiber scales for my bailout. And he did them left hand carry. Very nice work. He does them for the bugout as well and he does micarta as well you just have to contact him. There is a little time delay and if your in no rush they are nice. If you want I can post you up a picture when I get home from work.
Thank you. I've been looking around for some bugout scales for left hand carry. I was starting to think about buying a tap and die set and hoping things went well.

Thank you. I've been looking around for some bugout scales for left hand carry. I was starting to think about buying a tap and die set and hoping things went well.
Yep a both rogue blade works and rock scales design will do them in left carry. Heck rogue blade works has even added a code to his page when ordering them. Super nice fella. Matt at rock scales design is one of the nicest guys I have had the privilege as a lefty to offer from. Not only did he do them in about the same time as normal. When I ordered my scales for the 940-2 I wanted them anodized. I sent him a email and asked him if he would do them for me. And for a small fee he did them to the color I wanted and sent them out all in about a weeks time. The scales showed as out of stock. He also remembered who I was. I'd recommend either company without hesitation. What I would definitely do no matter what is get the back spacer from rock scales design for the bugout. Even if I kept the stock bugout scales. It does make the stock scales a but stiffer.20191112_131506.jpg

Back