Who removes the pocket clip from their EDC?

I never used to, but I tried it on my new mini grip and I think I like it better that way. I don't think I would do it on larger knives but on 3" and smaller blades it seems to work well for me. It makes gripping the knife much better and it makes the knife lighter and slimmer. The only downside might be more pocket lint.

Last edited:
I dont remove my clips. I agree that the ergonomics often improve, but i cant stand rummagíng through my pockets/backpack for a knife.

In general I prefer a pocket clip, but I have removed the clip on some knives because I carry them loose in the pocket of my jacket. (One at the time :)

I agree. Removing the pocket clip works well on the Mini Grip.

When i got my Sm Sebenza, i had to take off the clip to make an adjustment, and i have not wanted to put the clip back on since...im normally not a fan of clipless knives, but i actually like it alot on the small sebenza

I tried it on my thinner knives like my Skyline and Delica. It's not bad, but
ultimately the clip will go back on. Especially for the Delica cause it's a
wave opener and doesn't work well without the clip.

I removed the clip from my ZT 0301 as I EDC it in a horizontal belt-sheath, and found that the clip would sometimes "hang-up" during removing my knife from its' sheath.

I took the clip off one of my Tasmans. I carry the clipless one in the velcro pocket of my board shorts when I go to the beach or river.

I generally leave the clip on but carry un-clipped. There are times when the clip does come in handy when wearing slacks and you don't want to feel like you have a brick in your pocket.

I edc my Spyderco Tenacious without the clip... also from my flashlights I remove the clips. They bother me when holding the tools and I find them ugly most of the time.

I took the clip off my large sebenza, and had G2 make me a sheath. I love it. To me knives always feel better without the clip, but without a sheath I leave them on for convience.
img0816m.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img0819v.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

When knives first started coming out with clips, I always removed them. I thought they were excess hardware and would wear the edge of my pocket out. The trade off was that without fail I wore holes in my pockets. I almost always use a clip now. It keeps the knife where I can always find it with out digging around in my pocket. I think the knife stays a bit more lint and dirt free and if the clip does not have sharp corners, I wear few pocket edges out than actual holes in my pocket. I have scratched my truck a couple of times with the clip if I walk too close to it.

Remove it every time. Irritates my hand, adds weight, thickens the profile. I hate clips.

for legal reasons in the city i do. if im closer to home or somewhere it won't matter, i use them. i do like the ergos more without them though.

Remove it every time. Irritates my hand, adds weight, thickens the profile. I hate clips.

Me too, every one. I have lost knives, torn car seats, chipped paint and
ruined jeans all courtesy of the damn pocket clip. My EDCs include a
full-size Doug Ritter, several AFCK models, two non-wave Emersons and
a SOG Visionary II, all clipless and carried in a Benchmade soft-sheath.

Besides, being a daily public transit rider, I see no reason to advertise...

Back