Who still carries a Case Knife?

This one looks similar to your knife. Let me know how I can get it to you and I’ll send it over.

E476-A842-7-DDC-4-BE2-91-D5-A57315-A08940.jpg
A very decent offer Jim, very kind but I'll hold off for now thanks.

Why?

CASE should sort this out so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Also, this new draconian EU law about everything regardless of value or being a gift attracting VAT import tax 25% is an obstacle to decency.

If CASE mess up, I'll take you up :) And you ease up on these marathon working weeks, too many hours is not good for your health.

Regards, Will

Tony Bose really helped Case with new designs, and the Tribal lock is a very good and useful knife.

36pwX09.jpg

was able to purchase an orange one, if they offer a red bone, I will get one of those too.

6NB6dH7.jpg

I thought I remembered someone posting an orange. I have one on preorder at one of my regular shopping spots (and a yellow on the way as well).

Agree 100% on the Tribal Locks. Clean design, nice lines, nice size.

I'll be posting some updated Case family photos once everything arrives.

I did carry and use this a lot since I got it earlier this year, until the other day...took it out, tried opening the Pen blade, something odd, the Sheepfoot flopped out and I saw the backspring weirdly 'bowed' :eek:

NUtPBwX.jpg

At last I've been visited by the Broken Backspring distemper.. and I heard it was just Queen knives that got stricken ;)

I got on the digital communication page and sent the pix and details to CASE USA, very polite and prompt response asking me to pack the knife and send it in. I hope they just replace it as it's not a rare or long owned knife. But now the EU levies 25 % import tax on all incoming non EU parcels regardless of value even gifts AND the shipping cost gets taxed so I hope CASE doesn't use some super costly international courier service....😰

Lucky I've got 'a few other knives' to tide me over, but like I say never had a busted backspring before, hope it's not contagious ......I'm confident CASE will do the right thing, but it could take time obviously.

Xmy5AOj.jpg

Just a quick update on this: received a confirmation e-mail from CASE that they'd received my knife from Europe, very courteous. Said they'll decide on fixing or replacing and that there will be around 5 week wait. Very satisfied with their approach, I hope they just replace it with new but whatever, it's nice to find a company that actually responds to you rather than fobbing you off with BS business speak evasions :rolleyes:

Thanks, Will

Updated my modern Case Barlow family photo. As mentioned in another thread, the black synthetic is IMHO an excellent example how well Case can build a knife. (Yes, some verdigris is starting on some of the brass pins, I need to address that...)
original.jpg

Updated my modern Case Barlow family photo. As mentioned in another thread, the black synthetic is IMHO an excellent example how well Case can build a knife. (Yes, some verdigris is starting on some of the brass pins, I need to address that...)
original.jpg
Wonderful collection OldHerc! 😎👍

Back