Who The Heck Are Ya?

Dan, I posted one picture shortly after I found this board, but have not been able to get another up since. Any suggestions for a computer illiterate? I do use Photobucket. Much of my work is "aged", and I don't know how many in this forum even want to look at old pitted up knives, but if I learn how to post them, I can throw one up now and then. Thanks for any advice. By the way, the first knife I still have. My first sale was 1972. We are very close in origin time. Take care, Wick Ellerbe.

LRB said:
Dan, I posted one picture shortly after I found this board, but have not been able to get another up since. Any suggestions for a computer illiterate? I do use Photobucket. Much of my work is "aged", and I don't know how many in this forum even want to look at old pitted up knives, but if I learn how to post them, I can throw one up now and then. Thanks for any advice. By the way, the first knife I still have. My first sale was 1972. We are very close in origin time. Take care, Wick Ellerbe.

Wick I found the link you posted

when you click on reply or post a new thread
when you get to the page to write in, look just above you'll see all your edit stuff to work with ...
just to the right of the middle you'll see the # sign 2nd from that is the image tag..push that and you'll get a box to put your URL link to your image in..

the one you used before is
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e77/wicklrb/IMG_0332.jpg
place that in the image box,,
remember not to double post the ( http:// )
it's already in the box for you for you..
in the link you can see where you have it stored ,
the file it's in and the number you have assigned to the picture,,, this should jog your memory :)

and I will say,,, very nice looking package :thumbup:
I still have two knives I made in 1973 and I use one of them every year hunting and fishing..33 years of use and still ticking :D

dang it's fathers day, Sunday and I just finished up a sheath and started 6 more, man that don't happen a lot these days..:rolleyes: :)

Hey guys,
My name is Matt Doyle I'm from northeastern Ohio. I'm a maintenance supervisor in a steel mill and have been screwing up sharp things for about six months now. I really appreciate the comradery shared between the folks here on the forum. What a great bunch of guys! If any of you are close, drop me a line and you can come by and make fun of my lack of skills.:D
Matt

OK, you can call me Phil. But I am a rookie knife maker, on my 5th knife, none of which I would show to you guys...yet. I live near LaConner Washington, which is about an hour north of Seattle. When not there, I am probably at my cabin in north central Washington near the town of Winthrop. My dog is Luke. And I sure appreciate the help I get from reading the forum and your patience in answering questions.

Phil

Dan, The problem of posting a photo was kinda what you said about the double posting of http//. I found if I erase the one in the box, then post the image from Photobucket, it will be accepted. Thanks.

LRB said:
Dan, The problem of posting a photo was kinda what you said about the double posting of http//. I found if I erase the one in the box, then post the image from Photobucket, it will be accepted. Thanks.
any time Wick :thumbup:

Hi Jeff, you're idea sounds fine with me. My name is Don Craig and I live in Saranac, NY, up in the cold woods of the northern Adirondack Mountains. I'm a newbie to this forum. I started forging at the age of 10 when I heated up a framing nail on my mother's gas stove, took it outside and pounded it with a claw hammer into a small spear point on the concrete kitchen steps. Of course, my parents were not around. About 20 years ago (I'm 63) I acquired a Buffalo forge with squirrel cage blower, an anvil, tools, and a copious amount of coal and charcoal. I've been experimenting with making primitive knives (I'm an historical re-enactor) out of files and leaf springs. They work and they look primitive, some are pretty good, but nothing I want to show in this forum, considering the highly talented knife makers here and the fine work they display. I've also collected an assortment of folders (a lot of them are scout knives) and a variety of fixed blades.
thanks, Don Craig, Saranac, NY

Martin (Sandy) Morrissey, leather craftsman from the mountains of north Georgia. Specialize in custom sheaths for the custom knife maker!

Jim Hiatt, Wannabe knifemaker :) I occasionally make a few knives, but I enjoy sheath making with Kydex and I live near San Antonio :(. I am an IT consultant by trade / training and I have a love for the outdoors, thus the knife making.

helmar4578 said:
Martin (Sandy) Morrissey, leather craftsman from the mountains of north Georgia. Specialize in custom sheaths for the custom knife maker!
Hi Sandy nice to see you around again we don't see much anylonger..
I hope you're doing well since your great loss , I feel for you, I do..:(
don't be a stranger..:)

hi. my name is Daren McIntosh, from Grand Blanc Michigan. i'm just starting to get into knifemaking, but i've been doing other forms of metalwork for about 3 years now. i'm very happy to have found this community and i hope to some day be able to contribute something useful.

hiyas i did the same thing many did most web things i do i tend to go bby Brax or braxdragon.

my real name is Lee Duncan current resident of Gulfport, MS at least till i transfer again. Active duty Navy as a cook been in for to long now.... 12 hard years goinna retire at 20 years and getting started with a second profession. seems kind of extreme but there both an art form.

Hello- Kris Jacobsen here. I have loved knives all of my life, started thinking of making them 4 or five years ago. So far I have started 35 of them- finished 3 (got to love ADD). Last weekend I bought my first heat treat oven from Rob!, a fellow Canuck here on the forum. So maybe now I will finish a couple per year now:D . I collect knives (almost to the 200 mark), do martial arts, love camping/hunting when I can escape the urban jungle. I like to try to make traditional ethnic designs, along with my own user designs in order to find my own style.
As far as my life- I am a Biologist by education (entomology); Warehouse supervisor by necessity, and recently Father by good luck!
This place has been my new addiction for a few months now- and I love it!!!

Hi!

Brian Bevel here - St. Louis, MO. I'm just getting started. I've built a freon tank forge, but my first blade is a stock removal seax I'm grinding down from a Nicholson aluminum file I annealed. It's slow going on a 1 x 42 Grizzly, so I may set it aside and start on something smaller.

Still, it's great fun, and very rewarding to see the blade slowly emerging from what was a worn-out file!

Hi. everyone. I have been looking at this site for quite a while and have started asking questions. Mostly fairly obvious ones i guess... Anyway i am Paul and I live in washington D.C and am a police officer in the city. and I became interested when I saw some of the beutiful knives you guys make. oh yeah Dozuki is japanesse for a shoulder saw which is used to make some strong joints in woodworking. I like the feel of it. From now on I will put my name in my posts. thanks Paul

lets try again my last intro seems to have dissapeared. I am Paul or hey you with the face. I live in washington D.C. and am a police officer for the city and have just recently become interested in knife making. Dozuki is japanesse for a shoulder saw. It is used to make very strong joints and I like the way it sounds.

Well I guess I should introduce myself on this thread since that's what it is all about. I've already said HI on some other threads so this might be old news to some of you. My name is Reid Smith and I live in Spokane WA. I was stationed here back in 1989 after two years in Iceland. I've collected knives since I was a teenager. My dad shipped me a box of knives from the Philippines that got me started collecting. None of my knives are of "collection" quality but more of a "usable" type. I carry them for my EDC, I carry them into the woods, I abused them as a teen. Now...I want to make them. My son-in-law and I built a forge and an anvil and I bought a small belt vetical belt grinder. So we will see where this goes. Please see my link below to see the forge and most of my knife collection.

My Knives

Reid Allen (my middle name)

Back