Who wants to be a guinea pig? Three extra thin "Racing" Light Choppers, SOLD

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This is a sale on this sub forum. I'm posing this early and I'll unlock it at 2:45 ETS. That should give folks a chance to see what they are and decide if it's something they can use without feeling rushed. The regular sale will be in the regular place in 15 minutes. Field Knives next week.

Please don't buy one without understanding what it is.

This is a standard light chopper than has been hand ground down to .023" behind the edge and sharpened at 15DPS with a semi polished edge. They are fiendishly sharp. This is thinner and more fragile than a standard LC, which is itself already pretty thin. An experienced cutter can get good use out of something like this, but mindless thrashing will lead to damage. Somebody like Dan could chop 2X4s all day with one and have no problems. Someone like Lorien or myself might get a few wonky hits in there and ripple an edge. So beware of this before buying one. The standard LC is a sports car, this is a race car.

With the additional grinding it's down to 16.9 oz.

There are three knives in this sale. The standard scales and sheath options apply.

1.jpg~original

2.jpg~original

3.jpg~original

4.jpg~original

5.jpg~original

[video=youtube;FA5HoLYJCUg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA5HoLYJCUg[/video]

Pricing is $380 in micarta, no sheath. This is $40 over a standard Light Chopper. This covers the additional abrasives and all the additional hand grinding and the special attention given the edge.

TeroTuf scales instead of micarta add $25
Sheath with dangler $80
Sheath with TekLok $65
Shipping is $10.

Last edited:
I'll try one

Unfortunately I am saving the few pennies I have at the moment for a Field Knife; otherwise I'd be all over this. Please offer them again in six or twelve months.

And you guys that got 'em, bring on the pics and reviews!

Zmbhntr, you got an oc192 line to your house or what? lol

Zmbhntr, you got an oc192 line to your house or what? lol

Haha, no SONET here, just 100GbE. Only kidding, I'm actually sitting on a fairly regular internet connection.

Back