Who wants to see a 111mm alox?

After using my Hercules and one-handed Trekker a bit, I have decided that the 111mm platform with liner lock is my favorite Victorinox configuration. I could see why the older 'side lock' 111 variants couldn't be made with alox scales, but it seems that this would be the perfect upgrade for those looking for an extra durable piece of field gear. Anyone else want to join me in lobbying Victorinox for a few models?

Ive wished that for a long time too. The liner lock on those SAKs are nice and beefy, and the accompanying locking bottle opener is a great pry tool.

The aluminum scales are so much nicer than plastic. I made some smooth alox 111mm prototypes but never fit them to a knife yet for a proper test. Someday I'd love to make proper textured ones.

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

Wow Syph007!! That's cool!!! Have admired your work for a while and these are right on par with your other custom stuff!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Syph007, those are exceptional. Please fit them and post pics! And without giving up the tweezers and toothpick! I don't know why Victorinox hasn't done this yet. I would think the market would be quite large, especially since they could use the same scales for every knife in the 111 platform. Black Alox one-handed Hercules would be the ultimate field SAK.

Oh man, I just bumped into this old thread and my mouth got all watery when I imagined a one-hand plain-edge Forester with red alox scales ... :)

Alox versions would be fine with me as long as Victorinox continues to make the regular ones versus what it seems it has done with some of the other models going to strictly alox availability which are always more expensive. Bottom line with me is that I probably would't buy one.

This thread started in 2014, and 3 years later there are still no 111mm alox saks. Tells you something about Vic's impression of the market.

This thread started in 2014, and 3 years later there are still no 111mm alox saks. Tells you something about Vic's impression of the market.

I asked sakmodder about this on Instagram and he said he's definitely considering it.

I was perusing SAKs last night and wondering why there are no alox 111 mm models. The following for alox is so strong, this is the next logical step for Victorinox. 9 years after this thread started, it has not happened yet.

I was perusing SAKs last night and wondering why there are no alox 111 mm models. The following for alox is so strong, this is the next logical step for Victorinox. 9 years after this thread started, it has not happened yet.
Well... Nine years and still just a one page post, maybe demand is not that big after all ;)

Back