Who Would Be Interested In Doing A Collaboration Classic Hunter With Me??

I just wanted to be post # 1,000!!! Well, actually, I wanted to say that I've enjoyed this thread very much, it's covered a lot of topics and ground.

Hey Dan, there is something about that knife in the picture with your post. It reminds me of something I've seen before. Nice looking work.:thumbup:

rlinger
-----

Hey Roger are you talking about me? to many Dans here :D

sorry I havn't been on so much
other than not having the time I did before, I don't get all the emails I should be getting e-mails telling me if someone has posted to the threads I've posted in.. no one can tell me why it works some times and not most of the time ..My CP is set to email me..at $50.00 bucks a year and over 6 years here I'd think it would work..or someone find out why not:confused: .. I asked about it in the service forum too..:( :confused::mad:
I got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning ..:eek:

Well - got the article turned down from the editor, so I'm going to contact a writer to see what what or if he can do. :grumpy:

Mike maybe Kim Breed will help?
the last post he made was in Feb though.. not sure why he's been gone so long :confused:

Michael,

Your hard work on that is much appreciated and noticed by all us. Do not fret. Easy acceptance is often worth less. This thing is so long in making a fast grab at it would likely be less than might deserve anyway. I worry not at all. It will work and work well. Can you email a draft of it, without any pictures? Perhaps it just needs a reading. Perhaps a tweak here or there. It will happen. Despair not a whit. I want either your name on this article or perhaps that of an author employed by the magazine. Magazines can be set hard in their ways about that. In the mean time let's see what we can do with your writings. These magazines search for material to fill pages with. This knife package and story measures plenty strong enough. Patience. It's a winner Michael.

rlinger
------

We have been patiently working on this project for some time, and well worth the time. I'm with our good pal Roger on this.

I got nothing so far -- I think I'm going to go ahead and write it up and shop the article itself.

Thanks for the patience!

cool

Roger
just thinking about the bolsters you said are lower than the Ivory..

where we are going with a relieved theme why not just bring the other set of bolters down a bit also , this would make it good in two ways...
if the Ivory moves or shrinks it will not leave them low, and you will not have to rework the Ivory.. a much faster fix and in my opinion a 3 d look and feel is always better anyway.. just a thought...

Think it's time or past time to give an update on the case making. I spoke with Pop a couple weeks back and he said it should be about 30 to 60 days. The weather here has been rough this winter and Pop lives on the very top of a mountain. His weather is worse than mine and I have had to heat my shop with portable electric heaters for about 6 hours a day before I could do any work in there without chattering the blade. This late Fall, Winter and early Spring has killed me. I have been bringing all hand finish work into the living area. Al Gore's global warming is really kicking in! Pop told me, a couple weeks back, that he had the arrangement for the bolo and certificate figured out and that there is to be a drawer. I believe the cert. will be on the lid, viewed from an open lid position with the knife and sheath (separate of each other) below within the main compartment. The bolo in a drawer below that. Anyhow that is how I think I remember he describing his design. It is subject to change. Pop designs ideas and goes to work and then decides there is a better way. What ever it is I am sure it will be a very good one. BTW, he HAS decided on oak.

I am anxious we get this puppy done.

rlinger
------

Man! You guys need to wrap this thing up :D

hey,, it's a race..
it's been our secret plan all a long to see if we can age the blade to the same point of hardness and with the same benafits of it being Cryogenically enhanced , without Cryogenically enhancing it, and have that happen
before it's finished :D

Below is a verbatim copy of an email I received last night:

---------------
"Roger,

Just a note to let you know the display case is just about finished. I am now mounting the bolo in the lid, will then apply hardware and after a few coats of finish it will be ready. After allowing for finish drying time, count on around next weekend .

Next Sunday I will be going to Buckhannon for the Linger Cemetery meeting. You are welcome to go if you can make it.

Hope all is well with you.

Dad"
------------------

The bad news is my car is down and my lady has a broken arm, so she can't get me her car. Pop will either have to drive it here or mail it here. Sorry about that part.

rlinger
------

Below is a verbatim copy of an email I received last night:

---------------
"Roger,

Just a note to let you know the display case is just about finished. I am now mounting the bolo in the lid, will then apply hardware and after a few coats of finish it will be ready. After allowing for finish drying time, count on around next weekend .

Next Sunday I will be going to Buckhannon for the Linger Cemetery meeting. You are welcome to go if you can make it.

Hope all is well with you.

Dad"
------------------

The bad news is my car is down and my lady has a broken arm, so she can't get me her car. Pop will either have to drive it here or mail it here. Sorry about that part.

rlinger
------

cool on the progress, and sorry about the bad luck, we are tested from time to time..
Buckhannon WV?
my oldest boy went to collage for a year at Wesleyan, close to Clark, Jane lew. a very nice small town.. at the time it was 1 of 100 best small towns to live in..:thumbup:

I have five pictures of the finished display case. Can anyone on the team please host'em and post'em? Thanks.

rlinger
------

Great Dan and thanks a bunch. I'll email them.

I forgot to add; I received new info on the case via email today. The email is below:
----------

"Roger,

I forgot to tell you that the lid is designed not only to display the bola, but also to securely hold the knife and sheath in place when closed.

Best Wishes,

Dad"
-----------

rlinger
-----

Back