Who Would Be Interested In Doing A Collaboration Classic Hunter With Me??

here you go Roger
Box1.jpg

Box2.jpg

Box3.jpg

Box4.jpg

Box5.jpg

Thanks Dan. Although it may not show well in the pictures, the floor is mittered (spelling?) to fit the knife and sheath. The case is of oak. The drawer is for the certificate of origin and other possibles.

rlinger
-----

Thats a classy case Roger. It looks very well made and is a great addition to the set.

Where does it go now? If I remember correctly Im going to etch the makers logo and the blade. Sharpening too right?

Bruce, just going by memory - and I'll have to look back for who it is - I think someone else is to put the edge on her. Maybe Bruce Evans. I can't remember just now. I do believe though it goes to you next Bruce. I think I have a little tweak to do to the ivory where it mates with the front bolsters. This puppy is darn near being a knife now. We'll have to let our cert maker, Dan Koster, know its time.

rlinger
------

Bruce, just going by memory - and I'll have to look back for who it is - I think someone else is to put the edge on her. Maybe Bruce Evans. I can't remember just now. I do believe though it goes to you next Bruce. I think I have a little tweak to do to the ivory where it mates with the front bolsters. This puppy is darn near being a knife now. We'll have to let our cert maker, Dan Koster, know its time.

rlinger
------

Roger
back a long you mentioned the Ivory and the height of it.., where this knife is relieved all over anyway
you could leave it high, if it should shrink you won't get the edge of the bolster sticking out....
of course you'd want do take the other bolsters down to match it, that way you'll not have to retouch the ivory at all. just a thought..

also I believe the edge was mentioned that the duties
were relived to Bruce B now? I could be wrong..

OK Dan. I defer the maker assignments to you since you are the keeper of the list. Very well then, Bruce B. is correct about he putting the edge on. I just didn't want to leave anyone out.

Pop is to deliver the package to me this coming Saturday. He will be out of town until Friday evening. I'll look at the ivory situation again at that time. Has anyone heard from our cert maker lately, Dan K.?

I wonder if a brass description plate should be made for the top of case lid(?). That would be nice I think. Dan G., you're the tool and die man here. Could you mill an inset for a brass plate - if we want one?

rlinger
------

OK Dan K., thanks; I'll post the actual inside dimensions of the cert. drawer the day I receive the box - supposed to be this coming Saturday.

rlinger
------

Okay Dan, that little specs sheet web page you wrote really helps instead of having to search through this enormous thread. Yes, I think I remember now that is was Nick. I'll shoot an email off to him and ask that he see the last two pages of this thread. He can then respond to the question. We don't want to leave anyone's assignment forgotten without their approval. Thanks Dan for the research on that.

rlinger
------

Several things:

Dad brought the package over to me today. This is the first time I have seen the case except in photo. The photos make it look real glossy. It is not, just the flash of the camera I suppose. This thing is really nice. He told me he had stayed awake at nights trying to figure out how to do the bola. He did not just want it rattling around in drawer.

Dan K.. The inside of certificate drawer is 10 3/8 inch wide by 8 1/2 inch deep. The cert. would look best done landscape. In the pictures the drawer looks like it has corner braces. Those are not there as braces. They are raised above bottom so that the corners of the cert. can slip under them.

Unless someone advises different I plan to mail this puppy to Master Bruce next week.

Dan G., I am not happy with one corner of the ivory. I can not stand not working it down before shipping.

So far as I know it will not be necessary to ever mail this back to me.

Its been 4 years so far fellows. Sorry my end has taken so long.

I emailed Nick Wheeler a couple days back and have not heard back, yet anyhow. I suppose its a go for Master Bruce to do the edge.

rlinger
------

Man Roger, please tell your Dad that case is great! I've seen a lot of collaborations fall through the cracks over the years, it really does my heart good to see this one nearing completion. Way to go guys!

Man Roger, please tell your Dad that case is great! I've seen a lot of collaborations fall through the cracks over the years, it really does my heart good to see this one nearing completion. Way to go guys!

yes, I agree :thumbup:
kudos to all...

Im sure Nick gave me the go ahead on the sharpening. He is busy with JS knives now anyway.
Send this bad boy my way.

I don't see any need to send it to me, we've got a Ms that's going to etch it, he may as well sharpen it too :cool: :thumbup:

Thanks Bruce :)

Outstanding that we have it decided and she goes out to Bruce B. next week. It may not ship until mid week but that is because I have a little tweak I must do.

Nice to hear from you again Nick and I am very pleased you are the one to have forged the blade..

Bruce, before ready to ship I will email a request for your shipping address. She will arrive USPS Priority mail.

Upon completion, and after Bruce there is still the cert. to make, we agreed all would have their chance to see via mail to them. It should make its circuit amongst all us BUT not back to me or my Pop. He and I have seen plenty of her:) :).

Just one man's opinion: I nominate Bruce Bump as the protectorate of this package until her final home is determined. Votes or opinions please.

I could say this a little later after I ship to Bruce but I will now instead; it has been a total honor to work with such expertise and for so long and with such incredible continuity. I, we, really hit the jack pot with this team. All members, bar none, have been super and right there. The craftsman Dan Koster can put the final ribbon on this baby with his Certificate of Origin work.

rlinger
------

Bruce B., can you please PM to me your number and a good time to call, your time (PST)?

Thanks. All is well.

rlinger
------

The entire package, case and all, went out to Bruce B. yesterday (Wednesday) USPS Priority mail. I hope he receives it by Saturday at latest.

Do we still have our article writer? (Birchtree I believe.) Dan K., are you still good for the cert. making?

rlinger
-----

Back