Who Would Be Interested In Doing A Collaboration Classic Hunter With Me??

thinking about how this will get sold.
Bruce I think you are right, if we can get into the mags and advertise it a lot

maybe a raffle ? if we can have the information in the mags with the pictures and web site?/ BFC page,, as a raffle and to who the proceeds go to ( which as 100 % less shipping maybe when lucky guy or gal wins it ) , pick a date or an amount it need to reach? or both?
just some ideas? raffles at some show we go to should pick up a bunch of money..
I'll start a thread to get an interest maybe and some thoughts

bruce, that logo etch looks DEEP! awesome! nice and crisp. that knife is something else in person. the craftsmanship is superb! congrats to everyone who worked so hard on it. whoever ends up with it will certainly have something worth talking about.

heath

Thanks again for the images for the logos Heath. Youre the best!

thinking about how this will get sold.
Bruce I think you are right, if we can get into the mags and advertise it a lot

maybe a raffle ? if we can have the information in the mags with the pictures and web site?/ BFC page,, as a raffle and to who the proceeds go to ( which as 100 % less shipping maybe when lucky guy or gal wins it ) , pick a date or an amount it need to reach? or both?
just some ideas? raffles at some show we go to should pick up a bunch of money..
I'll start a thread to get an interest maybe and some thoughts

Surely in this thread we have a person that offered to write this whole ordeal up and submit it to the mags.

Surely in this thread we have a person that offered to write this whole ordeal up and submit it to the mags.

yes you are right Michael Burch was one I think? and Harry.. ? where is Harry the Bolo maker anyway ?
I can't remember his last name,, knickerbocker or something?

yes you are right Michael Burch was one I think? and Harry.. ? where is Harry the Bolo maker anyway ?
I can't remember his last name,, knickerbocker or something?

Harry has dropped off the planet. Yes Knickerbocker I think. He never calls or email anymore since he moved to Oregon. He used to frequent this forum but not for a couple years now. Michael sounds like the guy for the job.

Gents it's sure cool to see that bad boy getting some resolution. What a beautiful knife! Great pics too Dan, I sure wish I could see that thing in person somehow, some day.

Not to beat a dead horse, but did we ever decide who's the beneficiary of the sale procedes?

Gents it's sure cool to see that bad boy getting some resolution. What a beautiful knife! Great pics too Dan, I sure wish I could see that thing in person somehow, some day.

Not to beat a dead horse, but did we ever decide who's the beneficiary of the sale procedes?

nope I can't say it was hashed out.. Bruce mentioned maybe breast cancer of some sort ? sounds good to me.. maybe we can get some women to give a hand in moving it too?

hey guys whacha say to moving this Knife package to a good cause some time soon..

a good cause to donate the money to.. ?

how to get the word out to possible Buyers ?

how to move it. Ebay? if so Starting bit or no reserve?

I'd list it on ebay if you all want but I couldn't bid on it myself.. :(

your thoughts?

hey guys whacha say to moving this Knife package to a good cause some time soon..

a good cause to donate the money to.. ?

how to get the word out to possible Buyers ?

how to move it. Ebay? if so Starting bid or no reserve?

I'd list it on ebay if you all want but I couldn't bid on it myself.. :(

your thoughts?

BTTT
echo ................... any thoughts guys ?
some thoughts to hash out

I have not been involved in this project at all but the knife turned out awesome. Just a thought what to do with the proceeds. If you are going to do a raffle or auction, what if you listed 2-4 different charities and let the winner of the knife choose from that list. By doing that you MIGHT be able to pick up a few extra bidders and get a little competition going.

Just a thought.
Good job on the knife.
SDS

I have not been involved in this project at all but the knife turned out awesome. Just a thought what to do with the proceeds. If you are going to do a raffle or auction, what if you listed 2-4 different charities and let the winner of the knife choose from that list. By doing that you MIGHT be able to pick up a few extra bidders and get a little competition going.

Just a thought.
Good job on the knife.
SDS

Thats a good idea. It may help get more bidders involved.

It seems that we are at a stand still with the sale. I think that most everybody is just busy with work. I know I am too busy to get it going. If there is anybody reading this that may be willing to work out some details of the sale please contact Dan.

that does sound good..
I wonder ? did Dan K get the cert finished ?
I think that was all that was left to do?. other than the write up on it...

I'd hate to have this stall now.. if all else fails I'll do an Ebay auction on it..

I'd like to see as many guys as possible get the info on this some how first
purveyors, collectors, buyers, US and such..

maybe if all that are interested in this knife would send me their email addy I'll compile and send out an email to them for the time we'll having the action ?
so that they all will know when it's ready to go on ? maybe? just a thought..

I'd vote for a breast cancer fund
and what's the name of that big Children's hospital?

Bumping . hey guys I last posted on 1/31 and nothing back on this should I just go for it ? and set something up??? :confused:
we still need the cert right?

that does sound good..
I wonder ? did Dan K get the cert finished ?
I think that was all that was left to do?. other than the write up on it...

I'd hate to have this stall now.. if all else fails I'll do an Ebay auction on it..

I'd like to see as many guys as possible get the info on this some how first
purveyors, collectors, buyers, US and such..

maybe if all that are interested in this knife would send me their email addy I'll compile and send out an email to them for the time we'll having the action ?
so that they all will know when it's ready to go on ? maybe? just a thought..

I'd vote for a breast cancer fund
and what's the name of that big Children's hospital?

Dan - I have it right here...:D

I got too many irons in the fire right now...I need to pull out of this.

Who do I send it to?

I'm not against it....just need to pull out. Don't need my name on it...didn't do anything for it.

Don't take this the wrong way...just in over my head right now.

Dan - shoot me an email with info....and any questions.

Dan

Dan - I have it right here...:D

I got too many irons in the fire right now...I need to pull out of this.

Who do I send it to?

I'm not against it....just need to pull out. Don't need my name on it...didn't do anything for it.

Don't take this the wrong way...just in over my head right now.

Dan - shoot me an email with info....and any questions.

Dan

Dan,,were at the very end of the project, I think everything is all set other than the cert and I for one won't have anyone omitted from the job,
Bruce Bump has the knife set, box and all. so it should go to him.. do you have his addy, he or I can get it to you.. yes life can be very hectic that is a big 10-4 and understood

Like I said....I'm not upset or anything...I just don't want my name on it anymore.

I have completely changed from a mere hobbyist to a fulltime maker....and it would be poor taste for me to leave my name on it at this point...considering all the hard work that has been done already.

I think the best solution would be to hit up Terril Hoffman (or similar) to see if he would donate his photography and make a certificate. More his line of work.

Make sense?

Dan

Thanks, Bro - as soon as I hear from Bruce Bump...I'll send it out.

:thumbup:

Dan

Back