Whoa!!!. . . . Look At This Custom Set By Garth!!!! . . . YOWZA!!!

I remember back when I taught Garth nearly everything he knows about grinding and making knives . . . Much like my mentor, Mike Thourot taught me everything that he knew. . . .

Why, it was just a little over 15 or 16 years ago when I pointed at the grinding room door and stated, "That's the grinding room. . . it has grinders in it!" Garth then jokingly asked, "Will you be the one teaching me how to grind?" I laughed and said, "I just did!" . . . He exclaimed, "No, seriously, who will be teaching me?" . . . He was such a jokester! . . . It was this type of highly detailed guidance that helped to form Garth into the master knifemaker that he is today.

There have been several other pointed and edgy comments throughout the years like, "Holy Crappin' Thunder Garth!. . . How in the heck did you grind that?" . . . and . . . "Pass me that bottle of scotch please." . . . and . . . "Listen Garth. this 'not drinking thing' until after the work day is done is not only confusing but unnatural and most likely dangerous!" :eek::confused:o_O

Could anyone become a Master Knifemaker with this type of guidance? Well, obviously! Do I have the desire to spend the tens of minutes that I have poured into Garth over the past decade and a half once again? . . . No, not really. . .

It's time for Garth the student, to become Garth the mentor.:cool:

Let's Drink!:thumbsup:

Jerry:D

If you were wondering what handle to put on the smatchet...

Very cool pair.

OMGaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrtttthhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek: I'm hyperventilating. You all know I love my double edged pointy blades. These are top notch and need a new home in MD! You should add one with a 3 or 4 inch blade to round out the collection. Sick! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

When is the custom shop going to reopen? Oct 2015 it was a 3-5 year window. We're coming up on 4 years. :confused: Any hope in sight that it'll be open soon? Seeing stuff like this makes me want to customize my collection a little more. :D

Holy Moly...Cabo-Wabo has once again brought us Garth's MAD Skiillzzz with that...NO CBT Suuhhweeet Pair:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Awesome work from garth and nice to hear about the bossman and garths work history
And busse history too

Something does not look right.
These looks off.
In order to maintain your quality and reputation.
Promptly send these to me for safe disposal.
Glad to help.

Something does not look right.
These looks off.
In order to maintain your quality and reputation.
Promptly send these to me for safe disposal.
Glad to help.

You are a "Giver" my friend. . . You give until it hurts!. . . Thank you for that. . . .

Let's Drink!

Jerry

You are a "Giver" my friend. . . You give until it hurts!. . . Thank you for that. . . .

Let's Drink!

Jerry

Yes. I am in pain every day, which forces me to maintain a blood antifreeze ratio suitable for year-round protection.
Thanks for the recognition.

hmmm. The CS closed 4 years ago. Those models were not available at the time, so those can't be a CS order. Garth was apparently getting creative, and these must be for some future 'Ganza. Not for me, but some lucky Hog.

Garth was apparently getting creative, and these must be for some future 'Ganza. Not for me, but some lucky Hog.

Yeah they were put up for sale as a pair during last Wednesday's Ganzaaa. Hope somebody was able to give it a good home!

Back