Who's forging great hawks now-a-days?

I've been throwing hawks for 15 years or so now but fell out of it a bit when moving to a city but the passion has now been rekindled.

I currently have some cold steel, H&B, & Bear Mountian (defunct I think) hawks but my favorite thrower by far has been a Fort Turner Iroquois which I just heard was closed. I'd prefer to be able to order replacement handles as needed so was curious if there are any companies around forging great hawks that may be similar?

There's a Ukrainian guy named Maksym of Wild Fields Forge who replicates the old Gransfors Bruks English and French pattern hawks as well as many other styles of axes. I have his version of the bearded axe and it is quite impressive. If you do the facebook thing look up Wild Fields Forge and let him know what you want. His English is pretty good and his work is excellent.

There's a Ukrainian guy named Maksym of Wild Fields Forge who replicates the old Gransfors Bruks English and French pattern hawks as well as many other styles of axes. I have his version of the bearded axe and it is quite impressive. If you do the facebook thing look up Wild Fields Forge and let him know what you want. His English is pretty good and his work is excellent.

Thanks, his axes look great. I also came across Beaver Bill searching around, any idea how his stuff is?

My son has one by 2hawks that we got him for Christmas last year.

Mine was built by a local blacksmith out of (what we believe to be) 1095. It has a more "rugged" appearance.

Back