Who's got ER folders and what do you think?

I recently got an Extrema Ratio M.P.C. folder and am duly impressed, the likes of which I will get to writing a review of it's nice features. If someone is looking for a beefy, exceptionally solid-locking and good-looking folder with great steel, the Extrema Ratio line has this in spades.

Who else has one of the ER folders that are available and what do you think?

I have an MPC in bound as we speak. I've been a Strider AR fan for awhile, but this could turn me to the Italian side....:D

I've had a Fulcrum-II D since Blade, and it's currently my favorite folder. I love my small Sebenza, but the Fulcrum-II D is (to my mind) superior. The lockup is astoundingly solid, my flegling skill is able to keep it sharper than any of my other knives, and it's up to any task.

The more I study it, the more I like it. Fully Ambi, too, and extremely comfortable in my hands. Somebody's put a LOT of thought into this folder.

I just received my MPC and noted the bolt lock mechanism moves too easily from the lock to the unlocked position. I found it can inadvertantly lock the mechanism when I least expect it. Has anyone else experienced this? I saw one of the Allen wrenches that comes with the knife fits this cross bolt and I was considering removing it to save myself the headache of it accidentially locking on me. Can anyone comment on it's removal? Is it possible? Other than this point, the knife is top flight, solid lock up, hell of a thick blade, very well built, smooth action - though a little stiff when overcoming the spring tension of the locking bar, but I prefer it that way personally. I've owned some other well known makes and found the detent ball weak to the point a slight knock to the blade's thumb stud pops the blade out:eek: This line of knives has impressed me enough to sell off my last Strider.

Dro - if there is quality control problem with that lock, call Frank or email him. They will replace or repair your knife.

Mine works as expected. This is my EDC that I am totally satisfied with.

Boink,
There's no quality control problem. After handling the MPC for a bit, I decided on the Fulcrum II D. I've never preferred serrated blades, though I did like the general size of the MPC. Frank has has been understanding about this and has the Fulcrum inbound to me. Frank has been outstanding with regards to customer service. I wish all vendors paid as much attention to their customers. The safety issue is something I just have to get use to using. Overall, the ER's are a great knife. I've been so impressed by them, I sold off my Strider Tac AR. I much prefer the sleek and solid feeling ER's. That blade thickness is killer. My next aquisition will be one of their fixed blade models.

I was intending on buying a Strider AR from a friend of mine and for some reason I wound up buying an Extrema Ratio Folder. First of all, it's solidly built and sturdy. The locking mechanism is extremely strong even without the cross bar mechanism. I prefer the serrations and they make even the toughest material easy to cut. I've never owned a Strider so I can't make any comparasions. The handle is comfortable and it carrys really easy in the pocket. It's meant to do some serious cutting. The butt is extremely solid and you can even pound nails or break glass with it. I'm very impressed. The knife is a bit stiff when you first get it and it will take time for it to loosen up a bit. My only problem is what will I do with the rest of my knives. Frank is a first class man to deal with. Thanks for reading my forum!!

IF WAR IS HELL, TAKE A BETTER PITCHFORK THAN THE DEVIL

I got a Fulcrum T I last year and recentely a MPC. On my hollydays I carried a MPC and I can say that it is a very good knife, strong, useful and after a lot of use the blade was still sharp.

And last but not the least is Made in Italy :D

bye Luca

Got an M.P.C. and it's freakin' sweet. :D

Toughest folder I've seen on the market and a great user.

I just received my Nemesis folder and have to say that it is without a doubt the best folder I have seen - it is one solidly constructed knife. It's craftsmanship is tops and the ergonomics are outstanding.

What a knife!!!

Just got mine today. I don't know what to do with my other knives now... Whoa that's crazy talk. Well It is my new EDC, so much so I risk it here in SF... Gtta get a couple fixies now. The MPC is astounding everything about it down to the box it came in is top notch. Frank really is a pleasure to deal with and I look forward to future transactions,! The T shirt and hat are pretty bada$$ too. When y'all open your folders, does the blade rub the inside of the handle, or is that just me? Regardless I am still happy and don't mind, but would like to know... I have been a loyal Benchmade guy and just picked up a Spyderco/Lum fixed tanto (currently int the process of getting fitted for a custom sheath) to add to my 710 for EDC, but am replacing both with the MPC... Unless sentimentaism gives way... maybe I'll work out a rotation... The MPC is a mauler of a knife.:D

WOW!

I used the supplied Allen wrench to remove the locking bolt thingey.

The lockup is was solid, even without it.

This is an awesome folder.
Period!

Back