Who's your favorite?

Who is your favorite maker? Why?
Production or custom...I'm mostly curious as to who does good work.

------------------
~~TOM~~

My favorite maker is Jim Hrisoulas owner of Salamander Amoury- (website link available in bladeforums custom maker section of links).He makes the most beautiful knives and swords.I was fortunate to own one of his Valkyrie broadswords at one time.He is very well known around the world and has written many books and has videos on blade making and pattern welding.His swords are all real and functional like the originals and very reasonably priced considering the quality from a famous swordsmith.Hope this helped,check out his website.Ralph

[This message has been edited by TOMBSTONE (edited 07-30-2000).]

Tough one, Wally Hayes looks to be very good, David Goldberg makes a nice sword cane, I have a Rob Criswell Wakizashi affordable and tough sword.
I will be saving up for probably a sword from Mr. Hayes, but may take a while he is a little backed up right now.
G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

G2 LeatherWorks

Scott Slobodian, Don Fogg, Wally Hayes
Virgil England if i ever hit the lottery.

Howard Clark
Don Fogg
Takaba Hiromune
Yoshindo Yoshihara
and Nagasone Kotetsu (tho he's not been alive for quite some time)

There are some others I like, but those I'd consider my top choices.

Shinryû.

Thanks for the names guys. There are a few I already knew and a few that are new to me.

Are there any GOOD production swords made? How about Kris Cutlery. I think I remember hearing good things about them.

Off to seach the net...

------------------
~~TOM~~

Phill Hartsfield made the sword I use for tameshigiri. My iaito is made by Nosyuiaido.

Bugei.com, Kris Cutlery swords, and any Paul Chen sword would be a good choice for a live blade.

Shinryu,

Kotetsu swords are functional, hehe not elegant. I like Sukehiro more.....
smile.gif

Joe

Nice choice

Beauty-wise I'm kinda hung on Kamakura Bizen blades...Chogi and Nagamitsu *really* standing out. There's a LOT of good work out there.

But hey don't pick on poor Kotetsu hehe...I like his stuff.

Shinryû.

Back