Why can't GEC

fishface5

Gold Member
Make a 43 Oregon Trapper in 72 size? Am I the only one who would fall over themselves throwing money at them for such a knife? It's really my slipjoint grail! I can't see why it's not already been made, am I alone in a world of Barlow fiends?

That would be a nice setup. I really like the 43 but it is on the bigger side.

Isn't that the 74? And the 42 is the back lock version of the 43. From top to bottom, GEC 72, 74, 43, 42.

42724735684_7b84efc285_b.jpg

fishface5, I'm not sure there's anything by GEC closer to a 72 sized 43 than the 74. I wish you luck in your search. :) :thumbsup:

Love that 74...beautiful knife.

Thank you, sir. The pull on the most recent run of 74s is a bit heavy for my tastes, but it's still one of my favorite models. The size and shape are perfect for my hand. I, err, may have gone a bit overboard. :oops: No regrets, though. :D

29571103398_5e1c0b2c2b_b.jpg

(With apologies for self indulgent photo spam. :oops:)

Make a 43 Oregon Trapper in 72 size? Am I the only one who would fall over themselves throwing money at them for such a knife? It's really my slipjoint grail! I can't see why it's not already been made, am I alone in a world of Barlow fiends?

74 is close but not the same in handle or blade. Waugh!

The 74 has the same handle as the 43. They are different sizes of the same knife.

That sweet 72 at the top of AlwaysTomboy's post is what I want in a slipjoint. GEC, hear me roar!

Oh and while I'm roaring, could it be in stainless too please? I prefer no patina on an office knife.

That sweet 72 at the top of AlwaysTomboy's post is what I want in a slipjoint. GEC, hear me roar!

Oh and while I'm roaring, could it be in stainless too please? I prefer no patina on an office knife.

Oh! You want the little bump in the middle of the underside of the handle. You want a 73, maybe. Some 73s have liner locks, but not all.

Like this one, for example:

735113-antique-green-jigged-boneFF1.jpg

Not stainless, though.

No 73s since 2013? Maybe it is time for another run of those. :)

Why can't GEC...reissue the #62 easy pocket congress in its original two-blade configuration with that AWESOME curved "NORTHFIELD" shield?

[Sorry, I interpreted this thread as a wish list]

Oh, and how about a Peanut?

I will take a 62 in crimson stag, please

Back