Why do some models hold their value and others don't

It comes down to your selling skills. If you want to quickly flip a knife then yes you may have to take less. But, you would do better to promote yourself and your sales ad. Try adding a variety of knives to the listing; it will attract a broader crowd and perhaps some of those will see and like your Busse tantos. If you haven't already done so, you may want to bundle the knife with a sheath. One of the glaring problems with Busse is that they are sold without sheath. Yes, their customers are use to this and know where to source sheaths, but the average collector may not want to deal with the hassle of sending knives off to have sheaths made.

n2s

Similar story with original Ergo models...

A lot of e-models can be had regularly for close to < or in some cases, below> original list price.

I've bought 4 BM-e's for nearly what I've got in one NMFBM!!!!

When you notice it's a buyers' market in INFI >>>> BUY ALL THE INFI!!!!

This! ^^^^

When the time comes, and it will come, you don't want to be saying - man, I could have bought those Last Rites (or whatever model) for $x now they cost $y! If you like a knife and can afford it, grab it. "No regrets!" - Jerry Busse

I wasn't around for the INFI AK-47 but I sure wish I would have been. Those things are epic!

Similar story with original Ergo models...

A lot of e-models can be had regularly for close to < or in some cases, below> original list price.

I've bought 4 BM-e's for nearly what I've got in one NMFBM!!!!

This! ^^^^

When the time comes, and it will come, you don't want to be saying - man, I could have bought those Last Rites (or whatever model) for $x now they cost $y! If you like a knife and can afford it, grab it. "No regrets!" - Jerry Busse

I wasn't around for the INFI AK-47 but I sure wish I would have been. Those things are epic!

The BigTimers speak!!! :)

upload_2019-6-13_12-42-28.gif

i saw a huge tanto from busse on the exchange for 300 bucks seems low value to me for an awesome looking knife the argonne assault style grip and nice camo job if i had more cash i would of bought it too
As has been said, it's all about catching the right buyer at the right time. I saw that one; and it was a model I'd been trying to get... unlike you, though, the camo cerakote ruined it for me.
I went back and checked the OP's ad. They aren't my style; but somebody will buy them eventually. It may take a price drop if time is a consideration; otherwise, repost at random intervals (at least 2 weeks, per the rules) until the right tanto lover comes along. Maybe they'll get seen by some bacon drunk newcomer that's looking to snatch up whatever Busse pieces he can find.

Back