why do we keep getting different spyderco police versions without the original blade

what version would you buy

• full serrated

Votes: 29 43.9%
  • plain edge

Votes: 47 71.2%
  • combo

Votes: 8 12.1%

• Total voters
Edges? plain, serrated, combination?

Jack's suggestion of 600-600 and 300 sounds good to me.

VG-10 may be the best choice for this model.

sal

All of them sound good to me. Yep on the numbers too. I just hope I am one of the 300. VG10 is good by me.

I do think this version might have a slightly more limited audience, so 1200 PE and 600 SE seems like good numbers too.

If you guys decide to use my suggestion of "To protect and Serve" does that mean I get a freebie?? :)

Plus I have a friend thst i think Would appreciate this version a lot!

This is one run that I expect will sell more SE than PE. Out of all my Police Models, not a single one is combo edge (not a fan) but I'd probably buy one of these if they happen, just to have a complete set.

Oh, and M maugust09 ? Check back on page 3.;)

This is one run that I expect will sell more SE than PE. Out of all my Police Models, not a single one is combo edge (not a fan) but I'd probably buy one of these if they happen, just to have a complete set.

Oh, and M maugust09 ? Check back on page 3.;)

Damnit! I really thought I was first lol. Well you get a SE and I'll take a PE hows that??

mc7q25u.jpg

Every lad needs a few Police variants, including the awesome Ulize (3rd from top), in his toy box.

While I'm here, I'd like to thank Jeremiah for the thread and the rest of you for help developing the concept. I have a preliminary drawing Which which will be ready for prototyping next week. I've not yet decided on the edges or the handle color. I'm kinda decided on the "saying". I've not yet decided how many to make because this will be a sprint and I'd like to make enough for all that might want one.

Maybe one of you can put n a poll, preferably on this thread, on plain, serrated and combo. If someone is interested in more than one, vote more than once. It will give me a better idea of what is wanted, or if there is enough demand to move on it.

sal

I'm no expert, but I don't think anyone but the OP can add a poll to a thread. Since it's Sal asking, maybe J JeremiahWeaver09 will oblige. If not, I'll see if I can figure out how to do a poll after I remember how to start a new thread (I've only done that a few times).

FWIW, I prefer PE and VG10 has served me well while the affordability helps me avoid divorce. Can’t wait.

I think Jack is more of an expert than he's willing to admit, at least where Spyderco is concerned.

sal

While I'm here, I'd like to thank Jeremiah for the thread and the rest of you for help developing the concept. I have a preliminary drawing Which which will be ready for prototyping next week. I've not yet decided on the edges or the handle color. I'm kinda decided on the "saying". I've not yet decided how many to make because this will be a sprint and I'd like to make enough for all that might want one.

Maybe one of you can put n a poll, preferably on this thread, on plain, serrated and combo. If someone is interested in more than one, vote more than once. It will give me a better idea of what is wanted, or if there is enough demand to move on it.

sal

hi sal i added a poll option, thanks for making this happen

I'd like to see polished G-10 as well. It would be easy to rough up a little with sandpaper if it was too slick, and let's face it, this run is more about the look than use.

Lets go easy on the insults (or at least spell them correctly). Its the Spyderco sub after all. 'Shiny footprints' and all that.
Take a deep breath. Its not something for an adult to get riled up about - its just a knife. There are far more serious things happening out there.

I find it odd that you claim to be insulted after first insulting his idea by calling it "tacticlol" and "high speed low drag".

Back