why do we keep getting different spyderco police versions without the original blade

what version would you buy

• full serrated

Votes: 29 43.9%
  • plain edge

Votes: 47 71.2%
  • combo

Votes: 8 12.1%

• Total voters
Sal mentioned that you could vote more than once if you were interested in buying more than one knife/style.....as I would be. However, this poll only allows one vote per member.

Sal mentioned that you could vote more than once if you were interested in buying more than one knife/style.....as I would be. However, this poll only allows one vote per member.
i think you can can pick multiple choices during that one vote, try click changing your vote and doing it again, it allows me to choose all 3 options at once

We're not going to make this happen with the poll drifting away. Sal is gauging interest, and if there isn't enough, he won't go forward with it.

Seems normal to me, you are just taking it to seriously. Human nature, good luck fighting it.
They’re talking about the tech crapping out and double posting/slow loading.

Anyhoo, I agree that this is a very interesting project and I think once people see it, there will be excitement. Thank Sal Glesser Sal Glesser for asking design opinions here.

We're not going to make this happen with the poll drifting away. Sal is gauging interest, and if there isn't enough, he won't go forward with it.
Seems normal to me, you are just taking it to seriously. Human nature, good luck fighting it.

Not sure what you mean, but if there isn't enough interest in this to keep the thread on the first page, Sal might as well shelve the idea.

It may not be the unbelievably fast seller that some sprints are, but I cant imagine this one bombing. I still have my fingers crossed for one with combo edge.

I’m definitely buying one if the availability is there. It’ll be my first police I’ve actually owned.

Thank you Sal!
I have been waiting on a serrated Police 4 since the release of the plain edge model. Im not really a super steel guy but k390 is a plus. People that havnt given spyderco teeth a chance dont know what they are missing, and a 4.5"inch thin ground police blade with serrations will be an absolutely devastating cutter.

The original Police model ( "PIG" version ) was created because the Law Enforcement Community had asked for a Mariner / Rescue model with a sharp tip. We responded to that request. As the model evolved, we made changes based on performance rather than appearance. In my opinion, the P4 is the most functional and to be honest, I designed the P4 primarily for high performance EDC despite its large size. I carry one quite a bit, and I just approved of a serrated K390 version.

I'm not opposed to making a run with the original saber / dagger grind and original shape. Since the model would be created more with appearance, what would you like to see? I thought about adding the "PIG" engraving, but decided against it. I would however would prefer to engrave something more specific like the "PIG", but haven't come up with anything yet.

Hey Jack, thanx much for the interest and support.

sal

Man I should have grabbed a ulize when I had the chance.

mc7q25u.jpg

Every lad needs a few Police variants, including the awesome Ulize (3rd from top), in his toy box.

Matte Denim Micarta with liners
Plain Edge
Cruwear
Boye Dented

I think you would need more than 600 of this configuration. :)

I voted serrated because it's probably going to be in VG10. (Sorry VG10, I'm just not a big fan of yours)
If it were done with K390 I'd buy all three.
Another steel and i would consider a PE and full SE. (Sorry combo edge, you may end up being the most collectable, but I'd rather use the other 2)

Black with a blue line would be good but blue scales with black liners and hardware and a non coated blade would be amazing.

Micarta and textured G10 are good. (Sorry smooth G10 but you have no traction on my fingers, even less so when wet or greasy.)

I'm not a fan of writing on the blade but it's not a deal breaker if it's tasteful and somewhat inconspicuous.

Back