Why does Victorinox continue to put that damn parcel hook on so many knives?

Why not experiment with the hook and see what uses you can find. Then share your ideas with us. You never know what you'll find in the world of the SAK.

I do agree that the corkscrew, parcel hook and tooth pick are
some of the least useful of the SAK tools.

The toothpick especially seems kind of nasty.
Unless you sanitize it every use, you will get a little more spit or
whatever else in there every time, with no convenient way to clean it after.
I'd love it if they'd replace it with a pen.

I have found some use for the corkscrew and parcel hook from time to time,
but could certainly do without them. Problem is, no idea what I would
want to put in their place. So I guess as long as they aren't hurt anything...

I like the parcel hook and I'm glad it's there. My Swiss Champ just came out of the box a few hours ago but I expect to use all of its tools.

I use the hook a lot. I use it to tighten up my boot laces. That dang cork screw is useless. It is too small in diameter.

I know people have used the hook to tighten laces on iceskates, works like a charm for that...

I use the hook a lot. I use it to tighten up my boot laces. That dang cork screw is useless. It is too small in diameter.

Re: the corkscrew - not too small on any bottle of wine I've ever opened with one and, over the years, I've opened MANY bottles with the SAK corkscrew.

Still can't figure out a practical use for the hook though unless you want to hang your knife up for the night...

Re:

Still can't figure out a practical use for the hook though unless you want to hang your knife up for the night...

Helping to lace up boots. Does that not fall into the practical category?

I have no idea how that works. I don't wear boots often but I can lace and tighten them without assistance. Can someone post a picture of how this is supposed to be an aid to lacing boots?

I have no idea how that works. I don't wear boots often but I can lace and tighten them without assistance. Can someone post a picture of how this is supposed to be an aid to lacing boots?

Really? You are a former Leo and you need a picture to show you how a hook could possible be used as an aid in tightening up boot laces?
No disrespect intended. Just hard to believe.

In other words, you don't have a photo. I don't know anyone who ever used a SAK to tie his boots. Otherwise, pretty dumb comment.

Shucks, you got me. It never happened. I totally made it up. Another case solved. Brilliant.

Used the hook today to carry a one gallon paint can. Had to walk it quite a ways. A lot more comfortable on the hand than the skinny wire handle.

I just figured out that you are supposed to open up the hook before you use it. That makes all the difference in the world. I think maybe you are supposed to pull the toothpick out of the scale before using it too. No wonder it wouldn't fit between my teeth.

Back