Why I edc a SwissChamp...

It's not that bad, I carried mine as an EMT in my front uniform pants pocket and in jeans for years. Never really noticed it being to heavy or bulky.

I think a standard SwissChamp comes in around 8oz. just a tad more than a Buck 110.

My Swisschamp weighs 6.5 oz, less than a Buck. It carries well in my jeans right front pocket, attached to a quick release clip and suspended from my belt with a shoestring. The weight is hardly noticeable, although it does crowd the pocket somewhat. I formerly carried it with a belt sheath, sometimes still do, but most of the time a pocket works better for me

Different strokes for different folks!:D

I'll stay with my Vic SAK Compact for EDC. I just ordered a Vic Farmer for camping and weekend use. I would use it as an EDC but it doesn't have a sissors which I use more often than as saw.

My Swisschamp weighs 6.5 oz,

Thanks for the info', I grabbed that 8oz. weight off of a website, I thought that sounded a little heavy, but don't have a scale here to weigh mine on.

I will say that with me, wearing a belt made a little difference, carrying a SC in sweats did not work as well.

My pants tended to "droop" on that side! :D

Different strokes for different folks!:D

I'll stay with my Vic SAK Compact for EDC.

I just got a Compact Sat. in TN at a Shepard Hills Cutlery store, I gotta admit that it has a great setup of tools for such a thin knife!

Guys if you want a bigger knife and are concerned about the weight, so long as you wear jeans this item is PRICELESS! This vic pocket clip keeps my SwissChamp XLT suspended midline right at the back of my pocket. Even in tight jeans the bulge is hardly noticeable and my hands fit into my pockets with no trouble. Much less than if I were to just toss it in my pocket. So if you're a constant jean wearer, or have straight pockets (unlike slacks) try this thing out you will NOT regret it I promise. I wouldn't carry an XLT without it.

untitled.jpg

I EDCd a Victorinox Compact since it came on the market. Great knife, smart design! One large blade and the combo opener, so it saves 1 layer. I am a wine drinker, so my knife MUST have a corkscrew, and with the Plus scales it is a knife that is loaded with tools. Recently bought a Handyman. 6 layers, so quite a bit bigger, but it fits in the 5th pocket of my jeans perfectly. So upgraded it with Plus scales and I am trying her out as a EDC now.

Own a SwissChamp too, with the grey magnifyers, I love it, but it is My Precious. Stays at home :).

I like the Craftsman over the SwissChamp 'cause of the pliers, but either is handy enough to keep on hand. I keep mine in the car.

Back