Why is the Junglas so Popular?

People see me rockin' my Junglas, then go out and buy one in a vain attempt to be as cool as me....instant shortage.

But seriously, it is an awesome knife at a great price. Great sheath too. I can easily understand why it is so popular. Sometimes a full sized machete is just too long to be practical. In these rare situations, the Junglas really shines.

thumps up for you antrieb .. bist du aus deutschland ?

Nein... Antrieb has been my forum name since way back when I used to have a BMW and spent all my money on car mods instead of knives and guns like I do now.

2 people said they bought a Junglas because of Nutnfancy, me and eduard. How many didn't post because BFers would flame them?

After seeing what Adam did with his in Junglas vs. Hogs, it is kinda of a no brainer why it is popular. Like Jeff said "you look so damn cool when you're carrying it"

Nein... Antrieb has been my forum name since way back when I used to have a BMW and spent all my money on car mods instead of knives and guns like I do now.

2 people said they bought a Junglas because of Nutnfancy, me and eduard. How many didn't post because BFers would flame them?

There were quite a few of us here who followed the coming of the "RC10" with much anticipation. I had a Junglas on pre-order before I had ever even heard of this youtube semi-celeb.

There were quite a few of us here who followed the coming of the "RC10" with much anticipation. I had a Junglas on pre-order before I had ever even heard of this youtube semi-celeb.

I'd heard of him. But I had money set aside for the junglas a year before it dropped. Do a quick search for RC10 in this sub forum, and you'll see the entire first run was basically spoken for before they were ever even drawings on paper.

The knife is popular because it's big, it's awesome, and it costs about half of what it should. Youtube has nothing to do with it.

Machetes are thin usually , wouldnt one of the Golok designs be more comparable to the Junglas ?

i dont own one nor do i want to own one but i can see the usefulness of the blade. esp like what tonym said about frozen hardwoods.

its a big hunk of steel with a razor sharp edge and the best warranty on the market...also has a killer sheath and an even killerer price point.

try find another like it....

i really like the ESEE approach generally - but i'm still scratching my head in disbelief about that knife...
survival, escape and evasion?... in a desperate situation this sword will be the first thing you leave behind as long as there is _any_ other knife in your possession
the two uses i see for this knife though:
a) camping with a truckload of beer and of course one of those big-ass american trucks to bring it there... yeah nutnfancy-style ;)
b) movies! perfect fit for the governator... :D

btw all those smilies mean: no offense to anybody and at the least to ESEE (i absolutely like how they go with the demand on this)

I'd heard of him. But I had money set aside for the junglas a year before it dropped. Do a quick search for RC10 in this sub forum, and you'll see the entire first run was basically spoken for before they were ever even drawings on paper.

The knife is popular because it's big, it's awesome, and it costs about half of what it should. Youtube has nothing to do with it.

Nope, a ewwtube video that came out a few months ago is responsible for the high sales of a knife that came out over a year ago and has been popular since it's release.:rolleyes:

Nope, a ewwtube video that came out a few months ago is responsible for the high sales of a knife that came out over a year ago and has been popular since it's release.:rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Yep, that's what 4 or 5 people keep telling us anyway.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Yep, that's what 4 or 5 people keep telling us anyway.

Of course!

As a customer, we knew knife was flying off the shelves for a long time before someone did a review on it. I'm sure that vid has sold some Junglas but that ain't the reason for the sales numbers.

Again, the ESEE design and warranty, Rowen quality and amazing sheath system easily have this knife priced $75-100 below what it should go for. Think about it, what would it cost to get a kydex sheath like that made from an average kydex bender. At least $50-60 for the kydex only and that's being conservative. Even if the molle portion was only $20(good luck), that puts the price of the knife under $100. $100 for a 10" knife with perfectly matched canvas micarta scales and the best warranty in the business. Shut your face.

Since I keep saying that maybe I should buy one before Jeff jumps the price to work on his retirement condo at Del Boca Vista. :D

Überich;9371892 said:
the two uses i see for this knife though:
a) camping with a truckload of beer and of course one of those big-ass american trucks to bring it there... __________________
RAT Pack 1008
Hmmm...
I cannot drink alcohol due to a genetic muscle condition, so no beer.
I do not own a car, let alone a truck...and I'm Canadian.
I think you just may be mistaken in your assertions there.

Überich;9371892 said:
a) camping with a truckload of beer and of course one of those big-ass american trucks to bring it there... yeah nutnfancy-style ;)

The day that driving a big ass truck is nutnfancy style is the day I move to Canada. Curse you interwebs! I'm on to you!!

:D

I swear we sent it. Must be lost in the mail.

How about you arrange an exclusive interview with the shotgunners, and we'll call it even.

I want to know exactly what is involved with a "carpet angel"

:D

Back