Why No More BK 20's

d762nato

Gold Member
Hello folks, While I don't currently don't own a Becker knife I've found one that I really like. Well to be truthful there are a few Beckers I wouldn't mind owning, but the 20 is so sweet looking. Why in the world would they only make a couple of hundred of these choppers. They seem to or would compete nicely with the Esse Junglas which is a hot knife in the market. You would think Becker folks would be chomping at the bit to own a beastly chopper. Heck even a 12" model 20 would be Awesome as well in the chopping dept.

You are preaching to the choir, Friend...... 😁😁😁
There is a whole sub-fourm here who agrees with You!!!
Haha.

I still think how they sold it might of been the Best knife deal in modern times...

Bk20
Bk5
Bk4........... All for $200.

(Wish I was buying knives then)

Yep, that 20 is on my list and I hope it'll be reinstalled as a normal production knife so it makes the jump over the pond...

I had multiples of the BK20 and BK29. To me, the 1/4" blade stock with the contours of the Becker handles, the grip wasn't the most comfortable. It was also blade heavy and felt like it wanted to jump out of my hands when chopping with it. Though it was a great knife, it wasn't for me.

Heck I'd go 200 with a nice kydex sheath all day long. I surely don't understand their thinking with a lot of folks wanting these knives and not offering them up for sale. Maybe they will make some more in 1095, or even 5160. I might take that pattern and have one made by a knife maker here on the forum out of 5160 or 3v in the future if nothing becomes of the BK20 which would be a shame to waste such a chance at putting out a great chopping knife. They could offer a 10" or 12" version as well.

Why oh why oh why do I fall in love with the ones that I cant have?

Examine your childhood.😅

I had the 20. Sold it an the 4 that came with it, kept the 5 even though I already had one.
The 20 was a fabulous blade, but I felt that the 9 was more efficient for the size and for a long blade I preferred a machete for yard work.
If I had infinite dollars and infinite space I'd have kept it (but not the 4, which kinda irritates me for not being bigger).

I wasn’t thrilled with the 20 when new out of the box . I liked the 21 much better. The 9 also a great blade. My 20 came with a thick and uneven edge. Would not chop well at all. All I can say now is I’m glad I took the time to put an edge on it :thumbsup::thumbsup: It chops GREAT NOW! The relief spine makes it easy to get the blade free if you happen to get it stuck another nice feature.
8A5100DC-45F2-4115-BBE2-B890D95F4CF6.jpeg
in fact I like my 20 so much I got it new sheath it now deserves
D8C5262F-C0F6-48D4-81A0-AC129063518F.jpeg
I truly don’t baton much. I just wanted to see how well the 20 would do.
81482624-A931-4A9C-A3B9-97178F220348.jpeg
it passed my test. That spine :thumbsup::thumbsup: that knot lost;) as did my baton but the short baton finished the job to.
202A3B23-D5DA-4A19-8483-D851DBA703C7.jpeg

I wasn’t thrilled with the 20 when new out of the box . I liked the 21 much better. The 9 also a great blade. My 20 came with a thick and uneven edge. Would not chop well at all. All I can say now is I’m glad I took the time to put an edge on it :thumbsup::thumbsup: It chops GREAT NOW! The relief spine makes it easy to get the blade free if you happen to get it stuck another nice feature.
View attachment 1603478
View attachment 1603480
View attachment 1603479
it passed my test. That spine :thumbsup::thumbsup: that knot lost;) as did my baton but the short baton finished the job to.
View attachment 1603484
That's gorgeous. You do really great work.

The 20 was a fabulous blade, but I felt that the 9 was more efficient for the size and for a long blade I preferred a machete for yard work.
:thumbsup:

Hey folks, this is a 61/4 Bowie in 52100 with wrought iron guard and pommel bought this a few months ago fondled but unused. There is a small nick on the inside of sheath where blade caught the leather more pics available if upon request $950 shipped

View attachment 1603478
View attachment 1603480
View attachment 1603479
View attachment 1603484
Awesome! and I can see now why you kept it, nice work.

The part I don't understand is why they would invest the time and money in a design and testing, setup manufacturing and grinding. With the intention of only doing a one time run? I could see them testing the waters with the first run but after the reception it got, you would think it would deserve a spot in there lineup. The limited availability and fact that so many people would like to have one is why I offered mine on the exchange. btw It's hard to find a price on these so open to offers.

If we would have put $200 into Bitcoin when the BK20 came out it would be over $20,000 today. Or with my luck people would have figured out Bitcoin is basically fairy dust and it would be worthless.

I'm kinda Ok with the limited editions.
It's cool to have 1 or 2 of 450 made.
But, I get that it does leave people wanting. If I know a knife is coming out and there is only gonna be 125 or 450 of them, I figure out a way to make it happen and then sell it/trade it off later.

I know that won't work for everyone and of course I don't have any answers, but I haven't posted much lately.

How about Busse stye? change the steel or thickness of the stock, only make it in tan or stonewashed. You know, just different enough.
Nate

Back