Why we choose CRK

I'm aware of the s45vn steel upgrade in the latest production, but not sure what you're referring to by waiting on the 31's to get dialed in-- are they not already?

I never adopt new models until they are proven and any potential issues reported by early adopters get rectified with rolling changes. There's a lot of opinions regarding the lockbar flex and the locktite issue quoted below which remains to be seen if there are any changes that may address them in the future.

Not if you can't tighten all the screws without it seizing up and the suggested fix is the loctite included in the box. This should be a go/no-go issue when they leave the factory, like they used to build 'em.

CRK is the only folder I carry. Everyday, day in day out. I work with them and Sunday carry them. I love them, pretty well ended my knife hunt and search once I found CRK. Very very well built working knives. Now that’s not to say I haven’t had out of the box issues.

I had a wood Inlay 21 warp, I had a wood inlay 21 with out of the box side to side play, I’ve had two plain 21s develop side to side play. I’ve got a 21 or two that the screws need a little snugging over time. I even had an Inkosi blade that came completely unsharpened. I had a silver studded blade that was sent in as silver come back blue. I’ve had off centered blades. I think the earliest owned CRK I have is either a 2014 or 15, so idk if Chris was there or not. I’ve owned and used a fair amounts of CRKs and I don’t own a 31. I think there’s always been problems that have slipped through the door. Every issue I’ve had has been taken care of by CRK with no cost to me. As long as they honor their warranty I’m fine

With all that said I’ll still continue to support the brand as the only knives I work and carry everyday. I use mine with no regard day in and day out. They work like a mule and can take a beating like no other. The Inkosi is the easiest knife I’ve ever disassembled. I’m more of a “it is what it is” “things happen” type guy and roll on about my day. Bottom line they’re built to last a lifetime reliable dependable simple working knives

CRK offers more variants of left handed knives than anyone else. That’s the biggest reason I like CRK. They work for me in the sense that when I use one of my CRK’s, no matter the task at hand, I’m not concerned if the knife will fail to perform. I’m not scared to use the knife in a dirty/wet environment.
CRK has their fair share of quality control, like what’s already been stated, it nothing new. Regardless of the price, I’ve never thought of CRK as being a flawless company. What I expect from a good working knife that is dependable is exactly what CRK delivers. They’re not the perfect knife, but they’re perfect for me.

While not being new to knifes at all, I am still a fairly new owner of a CRK.

Since buying my NOS Seb 25 I am really enjoying the quality/build tolerances etc. etc. I dont have to go into it with all of you CRK owners, you already know what I`m trying to say.

I still like a few other brands but CRK has became my favorite which is why I have another one on the way. :thumbsup:

Flippers & bearings got me into “nice” knives. My tastes have changed and now I gravitate towards PB washers, non-flippers, and a classic design elements.

CRK represents the pinnacle of that segment, so far as I’m aware.

As for price? IMO the upfront price is just as much the expectation of follow-on service as it is out-of-box quality. It sure isn’t because of the materials—and I’m ok with that.

I have a L21 that required 2 warranty trips to Boise and still isn’t “perfect” (though it’s dang close and only “off” by the standards of a highly obsessive [perhaps insane] knife affectionato). Instead of being disenfranchised, the way it was handled left me so impressed that I bought another CRK.

In today’s Harbor Freight world, I’m ok paying a premium to buy a product with solid, real-person “we’ll stand behind it” customer service. If that aspect of the CRK experience goes by the wayside, well..., I kinda have to confess I’ll be done with them.

As for the 31, yes I’m following all the stuff being written. No, I haven’t made my mind up yet. Like most of my knife purchases, when they have something I just can’t live without, I’ll probably give it a try. That’s a high bar, given how content I am with a couple of 21’s, Inkosii, and Umnumzamina.

I bought a large Inkosi based strictly on the reputation of CRK knives and I like to own a selection of quality knives. Pretty sure I'll be fine with just the one. I do like the insingo blade shape - unique to me at least.

I bought a large Inkosi based strictly on the reputation of CRK knives and I like to own a selection of quality knives. Pretty sure I'll be fine with just the one. I do like the insingo blade shape - unique to me at least.

There's no doubt in my mind that I'd be able to get along just fine with only one CRK. I have three though.:)

I've relayed my story before- I had a large LH Classic many years ago. Got tired of having to sharpen it all the time- I used it for commercial construction work. Never missed a beat. Never let me down. Always there and ready. Just got dull quickly. After a while, I gave it as a gift and started using a Spyderco Gayle Bradley. A few years later and wanting to simplify my life- back to one or two knives (yeah, right...), I bought a large 21 LH in S35VN. Not nearly as much field work as in the past, just work around home and occasional field jobs. It is strong, stays sharp a fairly long time, does everything I want it to do. It's very precise and smooth. I can take it totally apart to clean. I've really "simplified" in that I now have 4 21's. I think I can stop now (but probably won't...).

Back