1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Why we don't throw spears in a gun fight, flying katanas and more.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Houlahound, Aug 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Houlahound

Houlahound

Aug 2, 2017
    So good CS put this up, funny;

Reporter: how often do these things happen

CS: " about once per video"

DocJD, jdk1 and 115Italian like this.
  2. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    [​IMG]

3. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    The reality is different from the imagined scenarios.

4. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    someone with that many extra pounds probably shouldn't be doing the things he does

I do have to give him props for the headshot on the water buffalo only a second after the failed spear throw

5. Houlahound

Houlahound

Aug 2, 2017
    Modern MMA and boxing has shown us that excess flab is not necessarily a constraint on martial arts effectiveness and genetically superior (or chemically enhanced) super athletes don't necessarily have an advantage.

CPM3V likes this.
  6. CPM3V

CPM3V Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2019
    Definitely a nice shot! Not sure I would want to be one of there camera men...

7. Houlahound

Houlahound

Aug 2, 2017
    Those buffalo don't have great eye sight, Lynn's movement prolly saved that cameraman's life.

Evading a charging buffalo on broken ground, drawing and putting shots on target all within less than 3 seconds takes a LOT of mental clarity and physical skill. Most humans would have froze in a similar situation.

Lynn is a true warrior.

Alsharif, GIRLYmann and CPM3V like this.
  8. evilgreg

evilgreg Why so serious? Gold Member

Dec 25, 2012
    I love my CS products, I really do. Beyond their mall ninja stuff they also sell so many great products, it's just sad that they also make these silly videos too. I mean, the Golden Eye Elite I'm carrying today is a fantastic knife, chubby fellow throwing a spear at a grazing cow or not.

gazz98 and jlauffer like this.
  9. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Roy "Big Country" Nelson comes to mind...

10. GIRLYmann

GIRLYmann

Nov 7, 2005
    he sure is...

11. 4mer_FMF

4mer_FMF Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    I don’t own a single CS product. I don’t have anything against them, except sometimes their marketing is a bit silly.

Every time I watch something about Lynn, I think he’s funny AF. He’s an excellent showman. Gotta love his enthusiasm.

Alsharif likes this.
  12. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2001
    LT has time to train and money to pay instructors to teach him, and that’s what saved his ass. Nothing more.

That said, he ought to throw in a salad here and there. Like for every meal for the next 5 years.

evilgreg, danbot, craytab and 5 others like this.
  13. Houlahound

Houlahound

Aug 2, 2017

Brutal much.

14. AntDog

Apr 3, 2001
    That’s not brutal, that’s honesty. I’d like him to stay around and keep doing what he’s doing a while. I like a few Cold Steel products and would like to see more.

They’re one of the few companies with the cojones to put out mega sized folders, and I like that quite a bit.

15. Planterz

Planterz Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2004
    Screw Lynn Thompson and all trophy hunters across the world.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

marcinek, trevitrace, craytab and 7 others like this.
  16. Houlahound

Houlahound

Aug 2, 2017
    Sorry I started this thread - I'm out.

GIRLYmann and AntDog like this.
  17. AntDog

Apr 3, 2001
    I’m not big on trophy hunting either. I do hunt, but I eat what I hunt.

I’ve seen some trophy hunt and canned hunt videos that disgust me, but that’s a whole ‘nother ethical can of worms.

craytab, GIRLYmann and DocJD like this.
  18. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    :) I have a lot of Cold Steel , and consider most of their mid-level knives to be very good value for what you get in quality and performance . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:eek: Their videos don't bother me , but I tend to take advertising with a big "grain of salt" . It's all just to gain your attention and sell product . There's much worse crap on the idiot box TV and internet every day as their regular programming . :rolleyes:

I'm not and never have been a trophy hunter , but I don't see that issue as having much relevance to my knife buying . :confused:

GIRLYmann, Lesknife and willc like this.
  19. Dr Heelhook

Dr Heelhook Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Yeah, this is not a very good thread.

20. BenchCo Spydermade

BenchCo Spydermade

Feb 10, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.