Why we don't throw spears in a gun fight, flying katanas and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love my CS products, I really do. Beyond their mall ninja stuff they also sell so many great products, it's just sad that they also make these silly videos too. I mean, the Golden Eye Elite I'm carrying today is a fantastic knife, chubby fellow throwing a spear at a grazing cow or not.

+1

I like my CS knives too. I own three CS products : Recon 1, Ultimate Hunter, and Code 4. They are great knives at great prices. I like Demkos tri-ad lock. Yes, the marketing is cheesy and mall ninja but I don't watch'em or care. I know some people can't get past the marketing and I understand. When people ask for a recommendation on a solid knife at the $100-120 range, I will continue to suggest a Recon 1 or Ultimate Hunter.

Just because someone says it, doesn’t make it so.

There is good and bad in about anything in this world and there will always be some who don’t or won’t understand. Trying to explain to those who don’t like trophy hunting about the benefit of trophy hunting is similar to explaining to those who don’t think farming and ranching is necessary because they can get their food at the store. They don’t understand that’s where food comes from and you can’t convince them of the fact because they have never been around it to find out. And when they do they are appalled by how things are done.

Yes there are some trophy hunters that aren’t ethical, they exploit the game for their own benefit to be famous or have bragging rights, maybe they are poaching, they waste the meat and that’s where the bad part comes from, they are self serving...But some do have a purpose for promoting and supporting conservation though raising funds. The local economy benefits from wages and goods sold, the meat goes to villages and local communities where otherwise they wouldn’t have it and sometimes it is for managing a herd or predator population that is out of balance and harm is being done to the animals and area crops or domestic animals and humans. So there are some good and positive things about trophy hunting when done for the right reasons and managed in the proper way.

I own a few Cold Steel products and find them to be good, affordable tools for daily use. As for Mr. Thompson, when I first saw his videos I was embarrassed for him, a fat dude in tight clothes chopping and bragging. With time I realized that he's for real and just doesn't give a hoot that some think them over the top. He's doing the training and going out and "doing it", not hanging around swapping lies at knife shows. As for his body weight, go look at some vids of "strongest man" contests. No well-chiseled, rippling torsos there. The fancy footwork to avoid the ricocheted spear and the quick spin and draw on the buffalo show that he's not lacking in cool nerves and quick reaction time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back