Why?

JK Knives

I get this from a lot of people when they ask what I do, and I tell them I make knives.
Why do I do it? I do it because it's one of the most satisfying things I've ever done, and I enjoy doing it. Even after 10 years I still look forward to going to work each morning. I don't claim to be the best there is, but I do claim to make the best knife I possibly can, and never stop trying to improve.
It's not something I will get rich doing, but we manage to get by, and it has it's own rewards. I especially enjoy hearing from my customers on how they enjoy and use their knives, I don't make wall hangers, I make knives designed to be used, with proper care, for a lifetime.
Thanks to all my loyal customers for making all this possible.

I'm presuming the people that ask that tend to have desk jobs--staring at a screen all day--and freak out if they see someone flick open a full sized grip. :D

:thumbsup: for you and anyone else lovin their work.

You make a great blade, John, but that's not what drew me to your knives in the first place. Your willingness to listen to a customer and create what they want is why I've bought JK Knives. I've experienced knife makers who, it seemed, couldn't be bothered by requests from the customer. They make a knife, someone buys it, and the cycle continues.

Your openness in your communication and willingness to craft exactly what a customer wants is precisely why I try to push others to try your knives. I think some makers would be less than happy if a customer said, "I kind of like this knife, but can you change the blade profile/blade length/handle length/guard/thumb ramp?" I get it, too. You guys work hard to come up with what you think is best, and you should be proud of your work. It doesn't seem that you get hung up on someone asking you to modify a pattern, though, and I appreciate that.

That spirit towards your craft combined with the great knives you produce is worthy of praise from us and pride from you. Great job, John.

Back