Wicked Edge Ceramic Stones

I'm going to be getting a Wicked Edge in about a month and I want to know between the 1200/1600 ceramic stones and the 1.4/0.6 micron ceramic stones which are better, also is there any way to get the Spyderco fine and ultra fine stones for the Wicked Edge?

I'm going to be getting a Wicked Edge in about a month and I want to know between the 1200/1600 ceramic stones and the 1.4/0.6 micron ceramic stones which are better, also is there any way to get the Spyderco fine and ultra fine stones for the Wicked Edge?

IMO, the W.E. "Micro Fine" ceramics are very similar to the Spyderco Medium & Fine Ceramics. I can't think of a UF equivalent right off, but the Fine will leave a nice polish. (I suppose you could do what Spyderco does.. take a fine stone, and lap it to make it UF). The "Super Fine" (1200/1600) are a bit "chalky" and will wear (slowly) over time, and don't polish quite as well... relatively speaking... but still decent. Of the two, I prefer the Micro Fine setup for finishing an edge, but if you're going to strop after, the Super Fine are a good step between the diamond stones and stropping.

Back