New Wicked Edge Go WE60 & WE66 Obsidian

000Robert

Platinum Member
The new Wicked Edge GO, WE60, is a new design of the WEGO for 2021, and planned to be released later this fall! The WE60 will come with three upgrades; the WE62, WE64, and WE66. As pertaining to backwards compatibility with the previous WEGO50 model, Clay said to another Beta tester of the WE60 that they will be releasing an upgrade for the original WEGO 50 Series which will allow them to install the new ParaCam vise if they wish.

Last edited:
Hi guys. I have some new info about the new Wicked Edge Go units. The base unit is a WE60. There will be 3 upgrades available; a WE62, WE64, and WE66, as it stands right now. Of course things could change some before they are released.
I am very fortunate to be chosen as one of the beta testers of the WE60 beta unit with all of the upgrades! I am very happy about that and can't wait to sharpen some knives with the new unit! šŸ˜
I of course will be taking plenty of photos that I will share with you guys as soon as I am given the Go ahead from Clay, pun intended. lol
I should be receiving the WE60 unit with the upgrades next week sometime.

Last edited:
Hi guys. I have some new info about the new Wicked Edge Go units. The base unit is a WE60. There will be 3 upgrades available; a WE62, WE64, and WE66, as it stands right now. Of course things could change some before they are released.
I am very fortunate to be chosen as one of the beta testers of the WE60 beta unit with all of the upgrades! I am very happy about that and can't wait to sharpen some knives with the new unit! šŸ˜
I of course will be taking plenty of photos that I will share with you guys as soon as I am given the Go ahead from Clay, pun intended. lol
I should be receiving the WE60 unit with the upgrades next week sometime.
Anything to report yet?

Anything to report yet?

No, not yet. I have my article written with plenty of photos ready to upload when I get permission. Of course, there may be some changes coming. In that case I will have to edit my article. It would be nice to hear something. But I love it and believe that it will be a hot seller.

Every other day I have to tell myself, 'No, don't do it. Don't order the Pro Pack one, even though you can get it with a 11% veterans day discount at Dan's Whetstones. The new Go will be out soon....be patient.....ugh!

Any updates?

Yes. The WE60 is being revised and has a few improvements made that sound good. The Beta testers are supposed to receive them within a couple of weeks. The release has been pushed to maybe January. I'm really not sure exactly what is holding things up but I don't know much about that stuff.
It sounds like I'll have to rewrite my article and take new photos as well. But that's ok, I enjoy taking photos and writing articles.

000Robert 000Robert : Thank You for the update. That on is on my list.

You're welcome. I wished that I could tell you guys more but I'm not allowed to right now. I'm sure that with the tweaks they are making to the WE60 that I will love it even more.

I am guessing, at this point, they have run into some major hurdles.

It would seem so. They're working on some redesigns to the unit and the jaws. Personally, I believe that the unit that I have is just fine. Of course, inflation is probably part of it also. I haven't heard anything since the middle of February. I'll send Clay an email and see how it's going.

I am guessing, at this point, they have run into some major hurdles.

I just heard from Clay. He said that they have redesigned the original unit including the jaws. They look really cool and I can't wait to check them out. He is planning to release 4 models and is hoping to release the most basic model (WE60) by Father's Day, and the WE66 a month or two after that.

I haven't heard anything in a while. They are supposed to send the beta testers the new WE66 as soon as they are out of production. I have not got a shipping notice yet. As soon as I hear something I'll let you know. I can't wait to see it myself.

Hey guys, I have some good news! The WE60 is supposed to be released in the fall and then the others later.
Clay said that they may just show the base WE60 for sale on the website and then let the customer choose the features that they would like to add to it, rather than having four different Model numbers. We will see what Clay decides on that.
But the long-awaited new units are getting close for sale! That is a good thing.

Wicked Edge added this little video to YT yesterday:

Looks like a nice choice for those who need a portable sharpener. I don't know if I'd ever use this compared to just bringing along more knives when I travel. Probably requires less space too.

Back