Wife insulting my BK 9

Sounds like friends teasing each other to me. Sounds like good company.

Alot of the beckerheads treat each other like family, as theyve known each other for awhile. You wouldnt want miss an opportunity to tease a family member, right?
This. :thumbsup:

We bust each other's balls. It's good sport.

you just gotta know me and the warrior. We’ve been buds for a long time now, on multiple forums at that. Remember back in the day, when friends could tell ethnic jokes about each other and get a good laugh out of it? Well, that’s us. No issues here whatsoever.
Yup. :thumbsup:

Well that went sideways...

Watermelon this time of year is a worthy adversary. It would be an honor for any blade.
Sure did, haha.

Back in the old days, I'd just take you out behind the woodshed, whoop up on you for a little bit, and then we'd go out for a beer afterwards! :thumbsup:

I hate political correctness by the way...too many easily-insulted and thin-skinned folks in today's culture.
I'd be doin' the whoopin' though, just sayin'. :p

Actually, the mods here aren't employees. They're "merely lowly customers" as well - they just volunteer to help keep the subforum from devolving into total anarchy.
Nope, no pay here monetarily. Friendships are worth way more anywhos. :thumbsup:

And there’s no anarchy here to devolve into!

What’s up Vic, long time no see!
Anarchy? HERE? :D

I find that to be the case in general...

:D
You know us well, haha. :D

Well quit posting in the forums and get your ass back to work. :p
Well, leave me alone then, I got work to do...:D

My wife is pretty awesome, I’ll admit that!
Yeah, she's okay I guess...:p

Well that went a little off tangent people have gotten thin skinned in today's world.

Can't complain to much though. I told my lovely wife that I wanted a Becker BK9 . A couple days later it arrived. I wish someone hadn't mentioned cantalope now I want one
Sorry your thread got hijacked man. If the mods were doing their damn job, this wouldn't have happened, haha. :eek: :D Good wife by the way. My wife may like knives as much as I do. Her father raised her to be outdoorsy.

Yeah, we all know each other here in the Becker forum and yeah we bust each others balls sometimes!
Hard to break Asian balls though...they're so tiny. :p

Yup. :thumbsup:

Sure did, haha.

I'd be doin' the whoopin' though, just sayin'. :p

Nope, no pay here monetarily. Friendships are worth way more anywhos. :thumbsup:

Anarchy? HERE? :D

You know us well, haha. :D

Well, leave me alone then, I got work to do...:D

Yeah, she's okay I guess...:p

Sorry your thread got hijacked man. If the mods were doing their damn job, this wouldn't have happened, haha. :eek: :D Good wife by the way. My wife may like knives as much as I do. Her father raised her to be outdoorsy.

Hard to break Asian balls though...they're so tiny. :p

hahaha! I’m offended....NOT.

Question , on my way to Wednesday bible study . My BK-9 really isn't appropriate to carry , what would you carry ? Tonight I have chosen my Glock G29 and an Opinel in #6 olive wood

Must be some "hellified" Bible study, haha. :D

Unfortunately in today's world churches can be targets. I am on the security team we have 5 people authorized to carry . I have looked at olive wood scales for my BK-9 . Contrary to what you are being told hospitals are not overflowing with patients ,so my hours have been cut 20% since late March so I'm not spending much on non essentials right now . I work maintenance in a level one trauma center.
I would prefer to tell someone about Jesus , but if someone intends to hurt our people I will send them to see him .

I would pocket carry the bk18.

While i dont consider a knife (or gun) a weapon (until its used as a weapon), it is a useful article of daily carry. As a tool, the bk18 is very efficient at getting the job done. If you are in a bad situation, it will serve you well.

If not going the pocket carry route, the bk2 will work out for any situation. Afterall, i have been in church and we decided to disassemble a dryer... a bk2 would have been useful.

Im not sure where you live but i doubt in an urban environment you would need the length that the bk9 offers. If you were so inclined anyways, the micarta scales make it less threatening.

Nice of them to authorize, a right garanteed by the constitution.
separation of church and state -- at least here, the state cannot mandate to the church that they have to allow parishioners to carry, the individual church has to give permission.

separation of church and state -- at least here, the state cannot mandate to the church that they have to allow parishioners to carry, the individual church has to give permission.

Didnt know separation of church and state overruled the constitution. Isnt it part of the constitution? If the church doesnt honor the constitution, then they dont honor separation of church and state. Sorry to ramble and i may be wrong, it happens. Its what my forefathers fought and founded this country for. Ill carry wherever metal detectors dont prevent me.

I dont mean to assist in derailing the thread. If one wants to wear a bk9 to church, thats fine with me

I get it, it just irks me. Sorry for the thread derailment.

Ohio law reads that a church is a no carry zone unless the governing body of the church okays it. Also you have to look at insurance issues. You also have to look at they fact if you have an incident you want to not have everyone returning fire and you want to have security team to know who is authorized to carry . Our security team recommends someone facilities team leader okays and signs authority to carry card . I am on the security team and am the Facilities team leader. Quite frankly half of the little old ladies in our church have CCW I want them down and out of the way if we have a problem . We have radios and now have a camera system. So hopefully we can be ready and take away the element of surprise.
No one would say a word if I carried my BK-9 except maybe nobody told me that we were having watermelon after church , yes my wife has told them I have a knife that is great to cut melons

To expand, I am pro 2nd amendment as anyone Alive. By designating people authority to carry it also allows us to cover them for liability on insurance . 2/3rd of our congregation is either elderly or kids we want them down and out of the way . We have drills . I can cover 5 people at $1,000,000 each . 2 of our team are police officers if the have a incident they are automatically on duty and covered by their departments. There is a lot more to consider than just 2nd amendment rights when you are actually responsible for peoples safety

Right now we are on reduced hours and I am not buying anything toy wise to keep savings levels up . I do appreciate the offer. I
I can help you with that if you pony up the $10 for a basic membership so we can exchange PMs.
(unless you're against the idea of a stripped and de-ramped bk10...)

Isnt it part of the constitution? If the church doesnt honor the constitution, Ill carry wherever metal detectors dont prevent me.
It's not in the Constitution, never was.

And yes to carrying anywhere there are no metal detectors, I do the same.

Back