Wife insulting my BK 9

It's not in the Constitution, never was.

And yes to carrying anywhere there are no metal detectors, I do the same.

Thanks. I hadnt thought it was previously. Thinking about it, i didnt know where else it would be written.

Honestly I don't care if you have a gun if you are legal to have it . What we don't want is you getting in the way of the group that is training to deal with armed intruder . You are more help getting people out of harm's way but , insurance require written policies etc.

Honestly I don't care if you have a gun if you are legal to have it . What we don't want is you getting in the way of the group that is training to deal with armed intruder . You are more help getting people out of harm's way but , insurance require written policies etc.

I wish there was more insistence on for people to get to cover(and get your loved ones to cover), and then worry about subduing the threat. People watch youtube and maybe practice drawing and maybe take classes. This stuff will get people killed. Its different when there is a serious threat though. In that moment with that adrenaline pumping, you are going to shoot yourself in the foot no matter how much personal training youve had. If you try to draw on someone that has their gun out, chances are, youre dead. Even police with their training get nervous and shoot someone prematurely. I think it was new jersey, the city had to get their s&w guns modified with a heavier trigger because the cops kept shooting themselves. Get to cover, focus on your breathing, make a decision, follow through.

So yeah, its good not to have civilians trying to play hero because they took a course and now think they are prepared.

Having our team spread out where unless there where multiple intruders it would be extremely difficult to get the drop on all of us . That is part of our planning . We have handed out sheet with instructions in case of an armed intruder . Fire or weather emergency and had one of our police officers give a talk on emergencies

I wish there was more insistence on for people to get to cover(and get your loved ones to cover), and then worry about subduing the threat. People watch youtube and maybe practice drawing and maybe take classes. This stuff will get people killed. Its different when there is a serious threat though. In that moment with that adrenaline pumping, you are going to shoot yourself in the foot no matter how much personal training youve had. If you try to draw on someone that has their gun out, chances are, youre dead. Even police with their training get nervous and shoot someone prematurely. I think it was new jersey, the city had to get their s&w guns modified with a heavier trigger because the cops kept shooting themselves. Get to cover, focus on your breathing, make a decision, follow through.

So yeah, its good not to have civilians trying to play hero because they took a course and now think they are prepared.

"So yeah, its good not to have civilians trying to play hero because they took a course and now think they are prepared."

Not sure of the make-up of the Group..... But cops ARE civilians…. They are not military, they would be tried in civilian courts, Not military justice.....

And private training can be considerably Better than what their academy dishes out, if one is willing to pay for it....

Not really trying to say anything, just clearing up that point.

Pertaining to being in NPE's I like the saying "Concealed means Concealed"

One of the two officers is on the SWAT team. The other had seen combat in Somolia and Afghanistan he was in the middle of the mess that the movie Blackhawk down was based on . This are our leaders/trainers

Sorry, i meant “civilian” loosely, should have found better words probably. Also, pointed out even the cops, with their training, arent prepared. Military, even with their training arent ready fo a gunfight, so i guess its good for us that their experience comes from overseas.

Im agreeing with plumberroy, how they dont want the plebeians trying to handle the situation, even if theyve taken a course and think theyre tough. Their courses should teach them to get cover first.

Thanks. I hadnt thought it was previously. Thinking about it, i didnt know where else it would be written.
It was never in an official document, It was however written down in a personal letter to I forget who, by Thomas Jefferson.

Sorry, i meant “civilian” loosely, should have found better words probably. Also, pointed out even the cops, with their training, arent prepared. Military, even with their training arent ready fo a gunfight, so i guess its good for us that their experience comes from overseas.

Im agreeing with plumberroy, how they dont want the plebeians trying to handle the situation, even if theyve taken a course and think theyre tough. Their courses should teach them to get cover first.

I fully agree with staying out of the way...Not because I don't know what is going on. Just the opposite.
In this day and age, here with all of our lawyers and social media.... The Hero takes the fall.

look at the example of Trav*n Mtn Perfectly Justifiable, still lives get ruined.

Being in security Has to be difficult... Where do you draw the line?
Are you ready to Lose Everything (marriage, family, friends, jobs, house, Everything) possibly going to jail for a long time...… Just to save a stranger?

Obviously I'm doing everything in my power to protect my Wife and Daughter......… But anyone else? Maybe, idk?

C'mon man. You don't really believe that!

Hyperbole for the most part.

By personal training, im meaning someone training themselves or with friends. Only “professionals” that taught them anything are their favorite youtuber. Also, talking about that person that is overly gungho about their opportunity to play hero or just to shoot someone. Ive known both kinds. But yeah, i was just exaggerating to make make a point.

Right on man, I see you workin'

and

I heartily endorse Becker Knife and Tool.

Growing up in the church, we would have these outside church functions maybe 3-4 times a year. Sometimes at the church, other times it would be at a park. Kinda like a big pot luck i guess. Everyone at the church would bring a dish, there was always a watermelon or two and on occasion, a whole pig. The bk9 would have served well there. Being a kid, I wouldnt have been able to carry it though. I was always having knives confiscated or losing them from rolling around somewhere

Back