Wife Knife?

I am the main doer of outdoor things but I'm hoping to change that. Not because I don't like doing it but because I think it is important for her to learn some of these skills for herself. As I told her what if something happens to me when we are out.

That is the point for me where i would say take the 3.

The 3 is a small knife but can handle most tasks out in the bush. Even prepare smaller fire wood.
For me the Izula is a not soo good choice for this.

If you buy the Izula and she starts to like the bushcraft thing very much, she wants anyway a bigger knife, because the work is much easyer with a bigger knife.

1274348.jpg

I had my girlfriend pick out everything she wanted. This is what she ended up with. She's happy with it and even turned down having me dye some canvas micarta scales when I offered. She's got a pink kydex sheath for it too.

1274348.jpg

I had my girlfriend pick out everything she wanted. This is what she ended up with. She's happy with it and even turned down having me dye some canvas micarta scales when I offered. She's got a pink kydex sheath for it too.

Might be a lil too much pink for mine but she chose a tactipink Izula for her first knife as well ;) Did you wrap that one with a guide or just combined the different techniques? Would be interesting to know how much paracord that was :D

Nah, just wrapped the handle myself, she liked the way I did it. The monkey fist was from 7valleysurvival. :D

My girlfriend swears by the combo of an Izula, Leatherman Wave and a short machete when she's in the woods

Again She HATES Pink!
Also the Izula was not an option it was between the Izula II and the ESEE 3.

Maybe try the 3 and use the pocket clip that comes with the knife? It's an easy knife to use, handle is probably the right size, and with the belt clip it's easy to attach to a belt.

i agree with moose...have her be part of the selection process otherwise itll all be your fault....esp if she cuts herself.....long story

I'd definitely have to agree with HD - ladies love the pink knives. I just bought my girlfriend a pink Dozier.

I told her I had a surprise for her, and she asked me what it was, to which I replied,

"Well, it's awesome is what it is!"

And she looked at me and said, "You got me a knife, didn't you?"

You could just see the disappointment. BUT! When she saw that it was pink, she thought it was "so cute", whatever that means, so I think that if you have the option for pink go for pink.

Or, you could just include her in the process - show her the options, pros, cons, all that good stuff, and let her decide.

And if you do include her in the process, and she ends up getting a Junglas, you know you're married to either a goddess - or a man. Who goes by the alias "Horn Dog".

I purchased my wife a Pink Spyderco (FFG) Delica for Valentines Day for her EDC knife and she just loved it. The pink color makes the knife look non-threatening. When she uses it at the office to slice fruit no one gives her a second glance about it.

(And before the ESEE faithful cries blasphemy over the Spyderco, she also has an orange handle ESEE-3.)

I HAVE SAID THIS MULTIPLE TIMES, I AM LOOKING FOR INPUT BETWEEN THE IZULA II & THE ESEE 3 ONLY, AND SHE F@#$ING HATES PINK so please quite suggesting pink Izulas.

I think you should get her a pink Izula....Haha
Sorry had to.
My girl really likes my ESEE3 because she always says "I like that one" when she sees me using it .I have never used a Izula2 but I think the handle would be good for someone with smaller hands. I think the thin blade on the ESEE3 has something to do with her liking that knife ,good slicer.

Back