Will the Chinook ever go to production?

Hi guys, been lurking for a while, checking out the spyderco archieves and happened across the pictures of the Keating Chinook. I absolutly love this knife!!! Please tell me that it is going to be produced. I've been looking for that "special" knife, you know the one that just fits your hand just right and has the blade styling that makes you want to keep looking at it over and over again, and I think the Chinook is it!!! So, please Sal, I'm begging you, please, please, please make this knife!

Flinx - Welcome to the Spyderco forum. Thanx for the post.

Yes, the "Chinook" design by Jim Keating will go into production. Can't say too much about when until after the Blade Show. sorry.

We showed the prototype at the SHOT show so I can say that it is a lockback (mid lock back location). Very small lock release channel to eliminate "white knuckle" release. Blade is 3-3/4" (94mm) CPM-S60V (CPM-440V). Very reliable lock with ultimate lock strength exceeding Spyderco's "in house" MBC rating. Black G-10 scales with double stainless steel liners. The first run is not ambi. The "Chinook" is using a tip down black Military clip. Jim seemed quite pleased with the results.

sal

I think this knife is do out in the fourth quarter this year, my understanding is that it will be produced with G10 scales, however....in the last photo I saw it had stainless scales. You might try a search for a thread in this or the archive Spyderco forum.

Knife Nut

Back