Will the knives get stopped at the border? I live in Canada

So one is illegal, the butterfly knife. One is marginal, CBSA uses its own rules for folders, so the flip knife will likely be held. If they even test it that is, if its marked flip knife, they will confiscate it. If they test it and it cannot by opened by flicking (unlikely) then it could make it through.

The other two are technically legal, but again, its hard to know what they might do, I don't know the protocol for partially legal shipments.

As an aside, these will be of very low quality and doubtless, of very little real use. Its okay if you like them aesthetically, but be aware that these sort of knives never really look like the picture.
Hope this helps!

Is that an actual butterfly knife or a trainer with an unsharpened blade? If it's a trainer, it might make it through. If it's a sharpened blade, it will more than likely be confiscated.

Trainers are also grey, but that knife looks like its not trying to be a trainer, so they will almost certainly class it a weapon.

Is that an actual butterfly knife or a trainer with an unsharpened blade? If it's a trainer, it might make it through. If it's a sharpened blade, it will more than likely be confiscated.
I can have the blade not be sharpened when I order it, and I was planning on doing that already. Thanks!

Unless it is clearly a trainer blade (rounded, vented with holes, and made from aluminum) its still risky. Remember that if they decide its a prohibited weapon, they can choose to hold you responsible for importing it.

This pack of knives will ship from the USA, and I live in Canada. I just want to know if any of them will be confiscated at the border, so I know whether to buy or not. Thanks!

https://knify.us/product/pack-lore/

Yeah they will if customs looks in the package. The butterfly knife is 100% not allowed to be imported into canada and the other folding knife will also almost certainly be confiscated. Even if the buttefly knife is not sharp since it has a blade that can be sharpened it will certainly be confiscated.

Also it is actually against forum rules to post a link that leads to a a webpage that has a knife for sale unless it is from an affiliated dealer.

Btw these CS:GO replica knives are overpriced hot garbage. These are essentially 2$ chinese knives coloured like CS go knives to steal money from people who don’t know better. If you like these because you want to display them and like the way they look then that is fine. If you plan on using these as knives for anything beyond cutting paper or maybe an apple prepare for these knives to self destruct.

Considering what the blade coatings might be made of, I wouldn't even use one for food prep.

Also any company willing to send an unsharpened knife, which doesn't happen apart from some custom makers, is a company willing willing to break laws, you are the one responsible, and you will have no recourse if your package doesn't get to you, so why would they even bother sending them? Why not just take the money?

Sharp or not, the butterfly knife is illegal. Even trainers get picked at the border sometimes as they are in a grey zone, and that thing is certainly not a training tool.

Trainer Butterfly knives must have holes in the blade close to the edge.
2ggrZwN.jpg

When it doubt. I wouldn't take a chance. Im a shipping and receiving manager, and i just sent 55,000 dollars worth of tooling to my sister plant in Canada. Ive done this 200 hundred times and never a issue, but this one time i left a number off one tariff code and that shipment got stuck at the border for 2 weeks. This tooling was super hot to make product. My one number cost alottt of money and im still recuperating from the ass chewing. Luckily I have a job cause i knew how to make old tooling work. Point being is them catching the one number out of 40 tariffs codes means they are paying very close attention!

Ass far as I know, the knives can pass the border if they have unsharpened blades. It all depends on the type of knives. If these are karambits like in cs go, then there may be some problems. I have recently bought a really cool knife in cs go, and it's really cool, but I think that these knives are quite dangerous in the real life. By the way, I have also ordered a csgo rank boosting, and it's really cool. I think that we should leave these knives in the game, don't use them in the real life, it's dangerous!

Last edited:
I ordered one back in 2009-10 and it got across the border I had completely forgotten about when I got it cause it showed up 3-4 months after I ordered and just said fishing tackle on the package.

Thanks for the information, it's very interesting. I am very glad that I was able to trade the butterfly knife marble fade, because I have long wanted to get it in my collection. Thanks to this trading platform, I can collect the coolest skins. There is no need to wait, because the community is huge and you can trade skins every second.

Last edited:
Back