• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mixed William Boos / Boos Blades

Even if you put a lot of force on the spine when you’re wiggling? The one i handled was subtle and took me a few days to notice it happening. You don’t really feel it if you’re being gentle about your play check.
Overall it's a rather "light duty" knife as it is so even if it had a little rock it probably wouldn't bother me all that much but I detect none so far.
Maybe after it gets broken in?
Has me curious anyway.
If it does develop a little rock (and if it bugs me) I'll just give it away to a friend or coworker that wouldn't ever be aware that there is even such a thing as "lock rock". They'd be happy as a clam.

Overall it's a rather "light duty" knife as it is so even if it had a little rock it probably wouldn't bother me all that much but I detect none so far.
Maybe after it gets broken in?
Has me curious anyway.
If it does develop a little rock (and if it bugs me) I'll just give it away to a friend or coworker that wouldn't ever be aware that there is even such a thing as "lock rock". They'd be happy as a clam.

perfectly good plan

Still have mine too. I’m hoping It’ll break in or something... or I’ll gift it to someone who isn’t as selective, like you.

You know I like you, your designs, and your work, and I get that sometimes your hands are tied or it's beyond your ability to repair, and I can sympathize that when you're not manufacturing them yourself, that your control over quality issues can be limited. But saying 'There's a problem with these, but I can't do much to fix it, *shrug*' is perhaps not the attitude we might hope to see, particularly when it's not communicated to the client directly as a part of a bigger discussion. And at the very least, I'd hope you'd make sure that a replacement knife you're sending out doesn't have the same issue, unless all of them did.
Even if you put a lot of force on the spine when you’re wiggling? The one i handled was subtle and took me a few days to notice it happening. You don’t really feel it if you’re being gentle about your play check.

I'm not trying to come off like I don't care. I want all Boos Blades knives to be rock solid and perfect. This is why I am no longer using the manufacture who made the Hound, on top of that I've invested tons into getting my own shop up and running. If anyone has a Hound and is unhappy with the play, please email me and I will send you out a Smoke Mini free of charge with a return label for you to send the Hound back to me. I stand behind all my products and want everyone with one to be happy.

Still have mine too. I’m hoping It’ll break in or something... or I’ll gift it to someone who isn’t as selective, like you.
Hey, I am sorry you're unhappy with your Hound. Would you be interested in having that exchanged for a Smoke Mini, these are made by WE and are much more indicative of the quality I strive to put out. DM me your address and I'll get one in to the mail to you tomorrow.

My Hound I received recently is a great example, looks and works great and Will did a great job communicating and getting the knife to me.
Thanks!
Nice design by the way, fits my hand well in multiple positions with excellent flipping action.

Thank you so much! It makes my day when someone is enjoying their knife!

Hey, I am sorry you're unhappy with your Hound. Would you be interested in having that exchanged for a Smoke Mini, these are made by WE and are much more indicative of the quality I strive to put out. DM me your address and I'll get one in to the mail to you tomorrow.

I genuinely appreciate the offer. But I will keep the hound. Now I might actually try a smoke if the full sized ones ever become available again.

I'm not trying to come off like I don't care. I want all Boos Blades knives to be rock solid and perfect. This is why I am no longer using the manufacture who made the Hound, on top of that I've invested tons into getting my own shop up and running. If anyone has a Hound and is unhappy with the play, please email me and I will send you out a Smoke Mini free of charge with a return label for you to send the Hound back to me. I stand behind all my products and want everyone with one to be happy.

Thats good to hear, and I kinda wish I had this option when I warrantied the hound, but water under the bridge.

All in all, I never wanted to create a bash-fest against Will. I even stressed that point when I made a thread about my experience on Reddit. I’m hopeful for you Will, even if my experience hasn't been great, I always try to give people the benefit of doubt when able.

You know I like you, your designs, and your work, and I get that sometimes your hands are tied or it's beyond your ability to repair, and I can sympathize that when you're not manufacturing them yourself, that your control over quality issues can be limited. But saying 'There's a problem with these, but I can't do much to fix it, *shrug*' is perhaps not the attitude we might hope to see, particularly when it's not communicated to the client directly as a part of a bigger discussion. And at the very least, I'd hope you'd make sure that a replacement knife you're sending out doesn't have the same issue, unless all of them did.

I've been watching your review videos for quite some time and have become a fan of your straight forward, no nonsense, good and bad process when reviewing knives.

I've been here for a few years and never knew you were a member. Seeing you here and seeing your honest, straight forward comments on this issue has driven my level of respect for you to another level. Thank you sir for all you do for the knife community.

As for Boos blades, I don't have a dog in this fight. Personally, I just can't do the Chinese knife thing no matter how good the quality or price. That's just me and my $.02. Lots of great American made knives to be had and I own one or two. LOL. YMMV.

But on customer service, isn't this the one area where we see makers, modders, and distributors fail the most often? Top that off with the " it has my name on it but I don't build it so you're out of luck" attitude and I'm just turned off by it and will spend my money elsewhere.

Back