1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 33 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 17 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

William Henry Quest

Discussion in 'Knife Reviews & Testing' started by Gary W. Graley, May 17, 2007.

1. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    I had this and then sold and then just received it back this week, a welcome
    reunion! Blade is very nice, fairly thin edged with a center core of ZDP-189
    Scales are Titanium with a solid working button lock. Blade opens with the
    smoothest action of any knife I've owned.

This was a partnership between a tracker named Tom Brown and the William Henry company,
    to come up with a handy size folder to be a companion to
    his larger fixed blade knife. For some reason, they are no longer associated
    and William Henry notes the knife style as Quest B-15 model but no mention
    of the Tom Brown connection...

Here's an article written by Dexter, PDF file;

Tom Brown Quest

Blade length: 3.25"
    Overall length: 7.375"

Here are some images of this knife, no clip on this, made a handy sheath to
    tote it about, works nice;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and compared with a small Sebenza

[​IMG]

Nice knife, one that I am going to try and hang on to this time! :)
    G2

2. jaislandboy

jaislandboy

Aug 8, 2005
    must be destiny how the Quest found you the 2nd time.... ;)
    thanx for the pics Gary, its a great looking folder.... :cool:

3. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Yep, I sold it a few months ago when I was gathering up funds for a new lens,
    got some funds back up, contacted the fellow and asked to be first in line if
    he ever decides to sell it, luckily he was ready right then and sold it back :)
    G2

4. shaldag

shaldag

Jun 17, 2004
    I have one of those, and like it very much. I also like the sheath.
    Did you make that?

5. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
    Yes, one of the things I do to help in buying the toys, making sheaths.
    G2

6. T.K.C.

T.K.C.

May 7, 2005
    That is a beautiful knife & sheath.

7. shaldag

shaldag

Jun 17, 2004
    incoming pm, Gary.

8. Saberman

Saberman

Nov 14, 2000
    Great knife and sheath Gary. Wish I hadn't skipped getting the Quest when I had the chance. I have the Monarch and it's a great knife really sharp and great for detail work on leather and paracord.

9. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
    Had the Monarch for a short time, nice size knife too, but I like the overall
    feel of this an the blade shape, just works well, it was very hard to sell it
    the last time, but, it was the only knife on hand that was of any value to
    sell, had to get that lens ;)
    G2

10. fishtale

fishtale

Dec 19, 2002
    G2, A little off-topic but...

What's up with the jimping on the small Sebbie? Looks a bit different than mine. We're the three big "jimps" added later?

11. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Great looking knife and sheath Gary. :thumbup: I had my eye on a Quest too, but never pulled the trigger. WHK does make one hell of a knife. I have a few myself.

12. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
    Fishtale, not sure, it was in house for a sheath, wasn't my own but it seemed
    do work pretty nice though.

Thankw Peregrin, my favourite WHK use to be the Lancet, still a great knife
    but the Quest just has an overall handier size and blade shape for me, the
    point is fairly low for lots of uses.

G2

13. agreatscot

agreatscot

Apr 19, 2004
    Gary,
    Your pictures of the Tom Brown are driving me crazy! I'm still looking for one.

Seriously, your pictures are amazing!

14. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
    Thanks sir, very nice knife, tough to find one with the Tom Brown logo any longer!
    Check out www.Onlyfineknives.com they have a nice selection of WH knives there.
    G2