Win a Koster Knives Scout knife - just pick a logo!

Which logo?

• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

• C

• D

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
*****We Have a WINNER - Congrats to woodsyone!!*****

I'm looking to update my logo and have come up with several versions.

KKLogo2014-test1.png

• "A" is my standard logo (no change - most conservative option :D) The others below are 10% smaller.
  • "B" adds a little more *punch* by making the "K" black and adding a ring - looks kinda like a brand
  • "C" has the ring and the "K's" removed for a more "edgy" :p, asymmetrical look.
  • "D" retains the minimalist look of my standard logo and adds a ring around it - maximum *punch*

Just let me know which logo(s) you like - multiple votes allowed!

Here's an example of the knife you win:

ScoutKnives2014a.jpg

http://kosterknives.com/knives/scout/
http://www.knivesshipfree.com/koster-knives/?sort=alphaasc

You get to pick the handle material you want and yours will be the first knife with the new logo!
:thumbup:

Rules (read 'em!):
You must vote *as well as* post in this thread - so that I know who entered
You must be 18 years old to win
Entries are also being taken via Facebook
Scout Knife comes with a standard kydex sheath
Contest includes free shipping to the USA
For International shipping, contact me to get a quote
Please allow 2 weeks for completion/delivery
Contest ends on Friday, May 23, 2014 at Noon, CDT
Winner will be selected by the 'ole "Names-In-A-Hat" method.
If a winner is selected but doesn't reply back by Monday, May 26, 2014, then a new winner will be selected.
I reserve to right to add information for clarity purposes. If I feel the need to make a major change, I will close the thread, automatically enter all who posted, and start a new contest thread.

Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom. Add a smiley to your post to let me know you read all the rules and are willing to abide.
:D

Last edited:
Voted c. Really like the looks of that one!

Awesome little knives also. Ty for the chance :)

After looking at the logos again for a few mins, JUST use the "k" from c on smaller blades or if u just want to keep it simple. That k looks the best IMO.

I think you should stick with A it's nice, clean, and simple. I love your knives and I would love to own one. :)

Last edited:
I'd go with B. Clean design, excellent choice of font (opinion derived from several decades of publishing:eek:), just fits the design and concept of the knife.

:I'd go with "B" also. Like the look of it.

Last edited:
I'd go with "B".
It's clear and complete on term of Brand (yeah, you got quite a "brand" ;) ) & Design.

I love the idea of having your name attached to the knife and it takes up less space than choice B. To me, choice C is the most visually pleasing. When I look at choice C I see the K as having the hilts of 4 knives coming together, where with the other three I do not see that as much. Good luck with making your decision. They all really do look great.

I voted C, most innovative design imho,,,

Thanks for the chance at one of your knives :)

I prefer B because it's easily legible. Often companies will pick a fancy logo because they already know what it means, so it's obvious to them. As a person who is seeing the logos for the first time, I was drawn to B because I could tell instantly what it was. The K is circled so you know exactly what it is, and the name is very legible. With the one below it, someone could read it as "Oster Nives". I vote for B.
:D

Dude i love all your knife designs cant wait to find out who wins!!!! I of course hop i win lol:D

Last edited:
I've always liked your current logo, I'm one of those people who like things that I can immediately identify/relate with/to like logos, a great example is my avatar, it's been the same for many years, people see it and know it's me, I'm really identifiable.

That's why I like your original logo,I recognize it on even the blurriest far away picture, I know it's your knife right away.
The other logos are nice and I'm sure what ever gets chosen will be instantly identifiable as yours...

A, its clean, crisp, and I like the cut-out concept. B is my next-favorite.

The flares in C & D suggest burrs, rather than the endcap on a kukri hilt.

Depends on the knife I guess, might be good to have two versions for different kind of knives. I selected C as main one :)

Back