Winner...And Still Heavyweight Champion...The Venerable Buck 110

I use to have one of these but have no idea what the model number is or where to find one. If anyone knows what it is I would love to figure it out. Thanks.

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mtS1CaDPfZWq2GZMAMnifUA.jpg

Buck unknown 1.jpg

E-Tone already has his answer - Buck 886T Taclite

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1265111-Help-Identifying-Buck-Knife!

Last edited:
I have a custom 110 I ordered from Buck at least 10-15 years ago. Red jigged handle and serrated Damascus blade it is a beast. Why is the current custom program so limited on options?

I am a 110 collector. Anyone else? I only have about 20 so far but I have some pretty unique ones and some very early models

I've wanted a Buck 110 since Jr. High/High School back in the late 60's early 70's, but could only afford the copies like Schrade Old Timer and Uncle Henry, which I carried on my belt every day. (You could carry a knife to school back then, if you were taking any shop classes, it was pretty much expected you would have a knife on your belt or in your pocket.) I finally bought a 110, a couple months ago. I should not have waited so long to get one.
50th Anniversary model, "BUCK USA" next to the anvil tang stamp, 2014 date code. Last one that Walmart had.
Not so fond of the nylon sheath, seems too "modern" or "untraditional" to me, but it will work until I can find a distressed leather sheath in black or tan/brown.
Seems like sacrilege to put it in a Uncle Henry leather sheath ...
The 110 is one of my permanent EDC knives now, along with a Buck slipjoint in my pocket.
Question: Has Buck ever made a 110 with a drop point or spear point blade, either as a custom shop option or standard variation?

I've wanted a Buck 110 since Jr. High/High School back in the late 60's early 70's, but could only afford the copies like Schrade Old Timer and Uncle Henry, which I carried on my belt every day. (You could carry a knife to school back then, if you were taking any shop classes, it was pretty much expected you would have a knife on your belt or in your pocket.) I finally bought a 110, a couple months ago. I should not have waited so long to get one.
50th Anniversary model, "BUCK USA" next to the anvil tang stamp, 2014 date code. Last one that Walmart had.
Not so fond of the nylon sheath, seems too "modern" or "untraditional" to me, but it will work until I can find a distressed leather sheath in black or tan/brown.
The 110 is one of my permanent EDC knives now, along with a Buck slipjoint in my pocket.
Question: Has Buck ever made a 110 with a drop point or spear point blade, either as a custom shop option or standard variation?

Congratulations on your new 110. To answer your question, yes, they have made some drop points like the ones below but I believe they have been BCCI club knives or limited editions only.

Limited Edition with copper frame.

CF%20DP%20LT%20Log_zpsneqczerv.jpg

Buck Collectors Club Inc. (BCCI) members only.
BuckBCCIPaperstone.jpg

Congratulations on your new 110. To answer your question, yes, they have made some drop points like the ones below but I believe they have been BCCI club knives or limited editions only.

Limited Edition with copper frame.

CF%20DP%20LT%20Log_zpsneqczerv.jpg

Buck Collectors Club Inc. (BCCI) members only.
BuckBCCIPaperstone.jpg

Thanks. Beautiful knives there.

After a long time of not carrying my 110 (about a year) I had to put it back o my belt this week. I'm currently carrying it on my left side where I was carrying my multi tool so I'll have to get use to that.But man I missed it. Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues was my AG stag 110. Yesterday was my 2 dot.

It's neat reading through all 21 pages of this. The day after Christmas in 2005 I picked up a 110 at WalMart for 12 bucks. Yeah I shoulda got 10. To top it off the blade has an outline of Idaho indicating it was made in 2005. I'm no collector so over the years I've beat it up and it's still fine.Just getting ugly.
If there was a change to be done I'd like to see a strong steel on the bolsters as the weight is such that it could be used as a back up hammer for tent stakes and such. I know because I've really marred up the brass using it as such. I just kind of tap things with it.Don't sense brass would hold up if hit hard, hence the desire for solid steel bolsters. The weight doesn't bother me, if it was light well it couldn't be used like a hammer. It could be my EDC but I prefer my Victorinox for that. Just gotta have that screwdriver.Anyway great reading of everyone's experience and opinion of such a great knife.

Here's mine. Bought in about 1975. There is nothing special about it just a little honest wear.

DSC02511_zpszp7gwsli.jpg

My first Buck knife....a 110FG. I bought it new and boy was that something special. I couldn't believe I had a Buck knife....finally. It felt so solid and palm filling, it was great. You know you were holding it that's for sure. I started carrying it again and feel just as good as I did way back then.

picked up another buck 110 50th aniv yesterday, couldn't resist at $40 cdn. that's real cheap for up here. Clearance sale at c-tire. Came with the bonus 425 ( i think) mini. Got 2 of the 50th 110's now, one for edc, one for, eh, looking at.....:D well post some pics when i get the chance.

DLT Trading has a Buck 110 with a drop point blade made of S30V.

fc4ecb6de4ed9486859f93123d406fbe.jpg

My first post, the 110 are my favorites. My current inventory-

Chairman series 110 with Chuck buck signature om handle in remembrance.

50 anniversary with all three generations signatures on blade.

2 50 anniversary g10 Lochsa S30v steel.

110 no rivet put together for last year's factory sale. 1 of 40.

Cabelas Alaska series with black bladehttp://s1383.photobucket.com/user/Makael2/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20151018_075630_zpspxexk8lw.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4
http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/M...151018_075823_zps7fef1ws1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/M...151018_080005_zpsq836tez9.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/M...151018_080005_zpsq836tez9.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

http://rs1383.pbsrc.com/albums/ah30...8_075630_zpspxexk8lw.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Last edited:
Back