Winner...And Still Heavyweight Champion...The Venerable Buck 110

20151019_204740_zpstsiwwudb.jpg

The Liner Lock 110 was not the usual clip point. More like a spear.

Oooooh, pretty.

You know, I don't usually trust liner locks, but I feel as though the liners on these might be thick enough to be trustworthy.

Then again, I thought the same of Spyderco's Tenacious and that lock tended to disengage when enough force was applied. I wonder how strong these were?

These were not from the Buck Custom Shop, but a special 5160 steel 1st production run done at the Buck factory - available in oak & charcoal dymondwood. I think you can still find them on the big auction site.
I just ordered one. Couldn't pass up on a carbon steel 110! Thanks. [emoji106]

Sorry if this question doesn't belong here, I've got a buck 110 fh (no fg) and it's a 50th anniversary , but the problem is, it has the anvil with a 50 in it, it says Buck USA, but has no shield in the handle.. Is it normal?

Thanks in advance

Sorry if this question doesn't belong here, I've got a buck 110 fh (no fg) and it's a 50th anniversary , but the problem is, it has the anvil with a 50 in it, it says Buck USA, but has no shield in the handle.. Is it normal?

Thanks in advance

There were several 50th anniversary tang stamps and variations. One variation does indeed have the 50th anniv. blade with NO Buck shield on the handle. Here is a pic of an excerpt from the BCCI newsletter / pics...

2014%2050th%20Anniv%20tang%20variations%201_zpslpgfzw2j.jpg

2014%2050th%20Anniv%20tang%20variations_zps8g52fbpa.jpg

Finally got around to checking out the 110 I ordered for myself after Christmas with a gift card I received for the big online seller. Excellent fit and finish! If I really look closely I can find a minimal amount of what I believe to be leftover polishing compound. The scales are awesome. One side is very traditional looking and the other side is almost like a tiger stripe, (alternating dark and lighter stripes). I feel it adds to the mystique of the 110. Thirty years ago my dad gave me $20 for my 20th birthday and told me to pick out a nice knife. I picked up a Bucklite and still have it. It has served my well over the years, completed many roadside repairs with its help. The 110 may never get any pocket or belt time but it sure is nice to own one.

I am eyeing one of those myself. I was going to build a custom from the Buck site but they do not have the S30V option in drop point. Is it working out well for you? Also, i have never had an S30V. Is it appreciably harder to sharpen or not?

I am eyeing one of those myself. I was going to build a custom from the Buck site but they do not have the S30V option in drop point. Is it working out well for you? Also, i have never had an S30V. Is it appreciably harder to sharpen or not?

►S30V is definitely harder to sharpen than 420HC, if all you have is a Washita stone.
►It is somewhat harder to sharpen than 420HC if you have Aluminum Oxide stone or diamond stone.
►But it is not significantly harder to sharpen than 440C,

20151130_114135_zpsxlwwh3ga.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20151130_110646_zpsvoti7hb1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20151130_110728_zpsl6n67xek.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20151220_182734_zps4r00mnpw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back