Winner...And Still Heavyweight Champion...The Venerable Buck 110

Most say the 110 was made popular by the 'Dukes of Hazzard' because they always had a 110 on their hip. To me its the Smokey and the bandit knife and I'm barley old enough to remember those movies. That said, to those of you that complain about the weight being too heavy to carry or too bulky, I'd venture to say it would do you good to go back and watch some of that stuff to remember where it came from and why it got popular.

... to those of you that complain about the weight being too heavy to carry or too bulky, I'd venture to say it would do you good to go back and watch some of that stuff to remember where it came from and why it got popular.
I'd venture to say they should go to the gym if it's "too heavy" to carry, seeing as it weighs less than half a pound...

EDIT:
The 110 was popular long before 'The Dukes of Hazard' hit the boob tube. :)

Last edited:
Still looks good after nearly forty years. :cool:

iXvNEOe.jpg

Last edited:
When you put a screw set in the pivot, the permutations are endless.View attachment 1195995
?????????
Permutation

For other uses, see Permutation (disambiguation).
"nPr" redirects here. For other uses, see NPR (disambiguation).

Each of the six rows is a different permutation of three distinct balls
In mathematics, permutation is the act of arranging the members of a set into a sequence or order, or, if the set is already ordered, rearranging (reordering) its elements—a process called permuting. Permutations differ from combinations, which are selections of some members of a set regardless of order. For example, written as tuples, there are six permutations of the set {1,2,3}, namely: (1,2,3), (1,3,2), (2,1,3), (2,3,1), (3,1,2), and (3,2,1). These are all the possible orderings of this three-element set. Anagrams of words whose letters are different are also permutations: the letters are already ordered in the original word, and the anagram is a reordering of the letters. The study of permutations of finite sets is an important topic in the fields of combinatorics and group theory.

Permutations are not endless there is a finite number, every detail matters when you put the screws in the knife and then there are no screws left that is the finite number. In Math there is not a finite number. You just used it in the wrong context.

Today I finally managed to pick up a 2019 110 with the genuine ebony handles. Came in a solid black color, almost jet black. I just compared it to my old 110 with Dymondwood scales. And I find that the Dymondwood actually looks more like wood, with nice graining and coloring. I'm probably in the minority here, but I kind of prefer the Dymondwood one..

Permutations are not endless there is a finite number, every detail matters when you put the screws in the knife and then there are no screws left that is the finite number. In Math there is not a finite number. You just used it in the wrong context.

What if the screws are endless?

?????????
Permutation

For other uses, see Permutation (disambiguation).
"nPr" redirects here. For other uses, see NPR (disambiguation).

Each of the six rows is a different permutation of three distinct balls
In mathematics, permutation is the act of arranging the members of a set into a sequence or order, or, if the set is already ordered, rearranging (reordering) its elements—a process called permuting. Permutations differ from combinations, which are selections of some members of a set regardless of order. For example, written as tuples, there are six permutations of the set {1,2,3}, namely: (1,2,3), (1,3,2), (2,1,3), (2,3,1), (3,1,2), and (3,2,1). These are all the possible orderings of this three-element set. Anagrams of words whose letters are different are also permutations: the letters are already ordered in the original word, and the anagram is a reordering of the letters. The study of permutations of finite sets is an important topic in the fields of combinatorics and group theory.
What if the screws are endless?

Well, I will not run out of screws, but blades and handles are more limited. Not counting duplicates of blades or handles, I would guess that I could cough up 500 to 1000 combinations. When accessorizing or modifying existing stock, that number could double. Adding more knives to the pile also increases the possibilities.

The screws would be finite when the material runs out, "No more A to make B." Numbers will never/ever run out. No Permutation!! Just endless!! Permutations are sets of things that can be switched around into different patterns and eventually the end will be there.

Last edited:
Have you ever heard of entropy, it is the process of everything on earth breaking down. In time ever so slowly animals are disappearing people in certain regions are disappearing. buildings are crumbling the nature of things to come, is that over time they will be gone. You will be gone,I will be gone. That is what happens. Earth is this thing rotating around the sun like it has for billions of years. plates shifting, volcanoes spewing out molten lava. Ask the ancient Mayans who rules the earth. The earth doesn't care. it is doing it's thing and the shifting of the poles, plate techtonics melting of the poles. Things you and I will never see. Cars rust back into the earth where the steel came from. Re formed into different things. Remember dinosaurs what happened to them. I believe over time you will be gone, I will be gone and in the future nobody will remember you or what you did 40 hours a week. It will be meaningless. Nobody's a hero that will last for centuries. These are things to teach your children. We DO NOT control the world. We are here for a ever so short period of time. Use it wisely because your going places. Do what you enjoy, be kind to each other and help one another and whatever happens be a good person. This is what I believe and try to be helpfull when I can. Snide rediculous remarks show little thought and do not add anything to help. If you cannot add a little keep what you have to say to yourself.

Back